The Student Room Group

MSc Psychology Conversion (need help deciding on uni options)

Hi, I've recently received unconditional offers from Bournemouth University, University of Roehampton London, Brunel University (online) and University of Essex.
I'm most keen on accepting an offer from Bournemouth University, however, they do require a £3000 deposit for clearance checks.
I should also mention that I only have until the end of the day to reply to Brunel and Essex uni.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by GotPringles
Hi, I've recently received unconditional offers from Bournemouth University, University of Roehampton London, Brunel University (online) and University of Essex.
I'm most keen on accepting an offer from Bournemouth University, however, they do require a £3000 deposit for clearance checks.
I should also mention that I only have until the end of the day to reply to Brunel and Essex uni.

Hiya @GotPringles

I am not sure if you will have already replied to your offer but some things I think are especially important to consider for Psychology courses which you may or may not have considered -

BPS accredited - this is so important : )

Psychology facilities, having psychology labs (such as virtual reality or eye tracking) can be so good to use and see during your course and when conducting research.

A university with a supportive Psychology network, including teachers and students. Having staff members who are supportive and inspiring is so important especially during a Psychology dissertation! Having societies such as a Psychology society as well as general study societies can really help create a supportive working environment while at university.

Placement or internship opportunities, this could be either within the university's Psychology department or externally, but picking a university with good links to internship placements either at the university or in wider areas, is always a good idea.

A supportive careers team, this is so important both while at university and once you have graduated. A good careers team will support you in developing employability skills and developing your personal attributes to ensure you are able to progress to whatever career goal you are aiming for when you leave university.

Some other more general things to of course think about include things like where you could see yourself enjoying living, consider the accommodation, transport links, and if you have visited them how you felt while you were there. I personally would always chose I university with a homely, student-centred and friendly feel.

I would (if you can) take some time to reflect on the decision and go with your gut : )

I hope this helps and good luck!

Katie - Third year Psychology student

Hey @GotPringles 👋

How did you get on with making your choices?

I didn't see your post last week otherwise I'd have replied sooner! If you want any info about what it's like to study at Essex, let me know 😊

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
@GotPringles
There is some fantastic advice from the Edge Hill rep on here already, I would like to add that a book by Coolican called 'Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology' is an essential which will help you every year

I loved doing my MSc in Psychology I'm sure you will do great

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Hi @GotPringles,

Congratulations on your offers!

Just to tell you a little bit about us, we offer a safe, green campus located in the heart of southwest London: giving you the best of both worlds, with guaranteed affordable accommodation for new students. Check out this video to get a feel!

Our MSc Psychology Conversion is accredited by the BPS and covers the core content you need to apply for Graduate Basis for Chartership.

Good luck!

Roehampton
Hi @GotPringles - congratulations on your offers, so lovely to here Bournemouth was one of your favourites.

The advice EdgeHill gave is wonderful, I hope it helped your decision & you made the best choice that suited you!

If you have any questions about the MSc Psychology course at BU, please let me know 🙂

All the best,
Kerry - BU Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending