The Student Room Group

Vauxhall Astra 1.6 SE 2013 First car

I'm looking for a first car and I'm 19. I drive a nissan micra for a few months but the car was my cousins and very old so we sold it. I am now looking for a new car is this a good option?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Rohan007best
I'm looking for a first car and I'm 19. I drive a nissan micra for a few months but the car was my cousins and very old so we sold it. I am now looking for a new car is this a good option?

With a 1.6 engine, at 19 years old the insurance will kill you. It's easily going to be between 2-4 grand. If you can afford that, then it's not an issue. Otherwise I'd suggest looking for a car in a lower insurance category.
Original post by Mara1680
With a 1.6 engine, at 19 years old the insurance will kill you. It's easily going to be between 2-4 grand. If you can afford that, then it's not an issue. Otherwise I'd suggest looking for a car in a lower insurance category.

engine size is not the be all and end all,

some times i can be cheaper to insure a 'bigger' car as the claims record within the pool of younger / less experienced drivers can be 'better'

in the dark ages the cheapest vehicle for me to get insured on froma running the quotes point of view was actually a vehicle with 2.5 litre engine ...

You need to check the insurance group it falls in to as this will affect the cost of your insurance. To keep costs down, aim for vehicles in groups 1-5.

https://www.gocompare.com/insurance-groups/

I would recomment going for a Bugatti Chiron, its only 8L w16 so insurance will be ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending