The Student Room Group

Cambridge NatSci undergraduate 2024 entry

Hoping to hear from other NatSci 2024 applicants to find out which college you have decided to go for. I don't want to be in too central so deciding between Selwyn, Jesus or Homerton.

Hope you NSAA revisions are going well.

Scroll to see replies

I'm going for Jesus too, I like the fact it's slightly out of the way but still pretty close to everything (other than the West site...). NSAA revision is a bit of a mixed bag, I know all the content, it's just doing it under timed conditions that's really getting me
Original post by Johncleveland
Hoping to hear from other NatSci 2024 applicants to find out which college you have decided to go for. I don't want to be in too central so deciding between Selwyn, Jesus or Homerton.

Hope you NSAA revisions are going well.

I'm going all out - Trinity all the way. Unlikely I'll get into Cambridge, and even if by some miracle I do, its very unlikely I'll get in to Trinity... but might as well take my chances. Not got much to lose lmao. Can I ask roughly how much NSAA prep you've done?
Original post by sadfailure
I'm going all out - Trinity all the way. Unlikely I'll get into Cambridge, and even if by some miracle I do, its very unlikely I'll get in to Trinity... but might as well take my chances. Not got much to lose lmao. Can I ask roughly how much NSAA prep you've done?

You never know, it's definitely worth a punt! I've done quite a lot of revision icl, I've pretty much nailed the physics sections, but I'm still struggling on the maths: my basic mental arithmetic is awful. I've done 5 past papers, marked, worked through incorrect answers, then reattempted, as well as having been doing formula flashcards.
Original post by iantoevans06
You never know, it's definitely worth a punt! I've done quite a lot of revision icl, I've pretty much nailed the physics sections, but I'm still struggling on the maths: my basic mental arithmetic is awful. I've done 5 past papers, marked, worked through incorrect answers, then reattempted, as well as having been doing formula flashcards.

Definitely is, and I'm not attached to Cambridge anyways so it really doesn't matter if I get in or not.

That sounds like a lot of work, good luck! I haven't even done a full past paper yet... it's not looking good...
Don't know if this should be in natsci but applying for chem eng at st johns
This time tomorrow we'll be doing our NSAA.......Time has come around so quickly. Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you too! I just can't wait to get it out of my list of things to do.
Reply 7
im applying for natsci. at jesus as well...
wondering how you guys found this years nsaa?
Original post by kiix
im applying for natsci. at jesus as well...
wondering how you guys found this years nsaa?

Section 1 was awful for me
Reply 9
All of it was terrible - ran out of time in all sections!
Guessed about 7 of the maths S1, did ok in Chemistry S1 then Chemistry S2 was horrific so guessed about half.
Original post by ducks_domain

Section 1 maths was so hard…not joking guessed lit all of the maths qs
Original post by Anonymous

frrrr.... although what did I expect with no revision? I don't really care about the results, but it's going to be so embarrassing if I get an interview and they see how terribly I did...
Reply 12
Found Section 2 easier than I thought. And section 1 more time constraint. How about you?

section 1 maths was kind of a disaster for me - wasn't expecting it to be because i was doing ok on the past papers, but for some reason the time constraint was BAD this time. chemistry section 1 was fine.
for section 2 chemistry, i ran out of time towards the end so :/

what sections did you do?
Reply 13
Original post by ducks_domain

same! - i was so short on time that i had to guess quite a bit of it

i'm just happy its done with now, to be honest

Agreed. I gave up and jumped straight to Bio after 30minutes.
Hated the maths Bio was ok though
I’ve applied for veterinary so will be held to different standards
(edited 6 months ago)
applied natsci at gonville and caius!

messed up maths so bad, bio s1 and s2 werent too bd
Original post by Katherineosgood
Hated the maths Bio was ok though
I’ve applied for veterinary so will be held to different standards

Same I have applied for Vet Med. Is there much weighting on the maths if you do terribly in it but ok in ur biology sections?
Same I have applied for Vet Med. Is there much weighting on the maths if you do terribly in it but ok in ur biology sections?

I’m not sure- I don’t think the NSAA has a big impact on vet med applications if you don’t do that well. Which college have you applied to?
ive heard that for bio natsci, maths is less important

not sure about vet med but I think you don't need as high of an NSAA score generally

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending