The Student Room Group

PGCE

Hello,

(Sorry if I make some mistakes, I'm from France)

Here is my question, I'm in high school now in France and I plan for my future career to become a French teacher in England. I'm aware of what PGCE is but before that, I don't know what class I need to follow in France to succeed in PGCE. If someone here already experienced this type of journey it would be a pleasure to hear it.
(edited 11 months ago)
Hi @Fannyh,

I order to do a PGCE in England you need to have a degree plus the equivalent of GCSE grade C / 4 in english and maths. For foreign language speakers you will also need to prove that you are fluent in english by completing a language competency course such as IELTS (grade 5.5 or above).

Have a look at our website Get into Teaching for any more information. I would encourage you to use the website to get an adviser. We are all experienced teachers and we give free, impartial advice to people like yourself, who are considering teaching.

There are also very good bursaries available at the moment for international students who wish to teach Modern Foreign Languages (MFL).

Good luck!

Tracy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending