The Student Room Group

IB Chemistry Paper 3

Is it possible to answer a different option on paper 3 than the one your teacher taught in class?
Would the IB penalize you for this? I don't know if there is any way for them to know you've done this in the first place.
Reply 1
Original post by user23184
Is it possible to answer a different option on paper 3 than the one your teacher taught in class?
Would the IB penalize you for this? I don't know if there is any way for them to know you've done this in the first place.

Yes, you can choose any option in Paper 3 even if it's not the one your teacher has taught you. No, IB won't penalise you for your choice. They don't care. You just have to answer all the questions in the option that you choose.
Reply 2
Original post by BubblesBB
Yes, you can choose any option in Paper 3 even if it's not the one your teacher has taught you. No, IB won't penalise you for your choice. They don't care. You just have to answer all the questions in the option that you choose.

Ok great! I want to complete the biochemistry option as it's something I'm far more confident in than energy, but I just wanted to clarify that it was possible to do that.

Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by user23184
Ok great! I want to complete the biochemistry option as it's something I'm far more confident in than energy, but I just wanted to clarify that it was possible to do that.

Thanks for the help :smile:

Good luck with P1 and P3 tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending