The Student Room Group

How to make a revision timetable ?

How do I make a revision timetable for my upcoming A-level exams in 2024. I have made a revision plan but I was supposed to start it in October and its now coming to end of December. My mocks are in Feburary and I feel like I have such a short amount of time to revise a whole year and a half of content. Very stressed out here! Would appreciate any advice
Reply 1
hiya :smile: i'm in the same boat and got mocks mid january time, i'm not too good at explaining myself so we'll see how this goes lol.
The way i'm going around doing my revision timetable is first i've looked through all the major modules we've covered in each subject (i'm doing chem, physics and maths so may be a bit more stem specific but i'm sure you can apply it to any sort of subject) and isolated the chunks of content i'm least confident on, and really putting effort into reworking through all the theory, making sure i can recall the most important info and also any equations/calculations that are the most often come across etc. Then doing that for every subject within the first few weeks or revising.
Closer to exams I tend to focus mostly on exam theory and making sure i time myself effectively and pace through a set of varied exam questions to get through as much variety of content as I can. As soon as I can feel myself slipping away from a subject I take a break and switch to another subject to refresh my brain whilst still working and not losing motivation.

Just to put in an example: I have physics on the 15th, i'm going to go through the chunk of electricity content of yr 12 on the 27th since that's my next planned revision day and making sure i can recall the information in it, and also going to work through waves (since that my weakest area), first looking at the modules in the textbook and seeing what parts I look at and say "oh what was that again" working through the theory and application in practical skills, then slowly working through all the other content to refresh my memory through the next week or so, splitting with other subjects, then from around the 8th i'll spend every other day (to also give myself some rest time and time for other subjects since i have maybe a day or 2 between exams) doing various physics exam questions, first compiling just the modules i was least confident on, then mixing in a whole variety of questions to make sure i've gone through every single topic that could come up on that particular exam.

Hopefully that helps a bit :smile: it might not be the best explained but it's generally what i've followed from gcse's and yr 12 which helped me really lift my grades from the start of yr12 to start of yr13 (i struggled through the start of yr 12 and had D's/E's in my exams now i'm getting B's in my subjects and hoping to go up from there)

Quick Reply

Latest