The Student Room Group

A level Law HELP!!!

So there are 3/4 months left till the exams and we havent even started our last module.I've been really trying to revise more this year as everyone basically failed in yr 12 mocks but the only advice i get are things that dont help like 'more detail'.I have asked more specifically but im told to 'just revise'. Anywayy.... Is anyone else doing A level law and know how to revise and know what the structure for long answer questions is? Would also appreciate to know how to tackle this subject myself until the exams and how past students have gotten grade A and above (What are your secret methods hehe). Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Random3
So there are 3/4 months left till the exams and we havent even started our last module.I've been really trying to revise more this year as everyone basically failed in yr 12 mocks but the only advice i get are things that dont help like 'more detail'.I have asked more specifically but im told to 'just revise'. Anywayy.... Is anyone else doing A level law and know how to revise and know what the structure for long answer questions is? Would also appreciate to know how to tackle this subject myself until the exams and how past students have gotten grade A and above (What are your secret methods hehe). Thanks :smile:

Hey! I do A-level law (Eduqas exam board)

We also haven’t started our final topic yet so you are not alone.

Since I’m not sure which exam board you follow I’m not sure if this will be the same for you, but I’ll just talk about what I do to see if it helps in any way.

For scenarios I follow an IDEA structure:

I is where you identify the offences or problem,

D is where you define the area/ principle/ offence behind the law in the question

E stands for explain - where you talk about cases, acts and principles.

A is where you apply the information from E back to the scenario and decide whether the offence has been committed.

I’ve written one of these for every topic and just read over a few per day. Alongside reading them out loud I have voice recorded each one so I can listen to it while I’m out and about, and it does help it sink in. I’ve also added the general points of each to flashcards to help me find a shorter way to memorise the facts.

For evaluations, I number my paragraphs and then attach key points (such as cases or rules) to that number so I don’t forget what to write about in exams. (If in doubt, I’ve been told to always discuss juries and uncertainty in the law)

Revision for law is quite tough, but flashcards and practice questions are definitely the best way to go (from a personal perspective)

I hope this helps in some way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending