The Student Room Group

AS- further maths edexcel pure 1

Hello, I am currently self studying further maths AS-level in year 12 as my school does not offer further maths. Is there anyone who can list the best questions to do from each chapter of the book, including decision and mechanics?

Please respond, and thank you!
Reply 1
Hey, I'm assuming you're doing Edexcel?
In all honesty, I'd be inclined to work through the examples, choose about 5 questions from each exercise, and then do all the mixed exercise questions. It would be especially useful for the work, energy and power section in mechanics, because that's a very awkward one, with lots of different approaches to take to answer them.
We don't study decision mathematics, we do further pure instead, so I can't really advise you on that one.
For core, I'll just tell you now that the vectors chapter is notoriously difficult - it would be beneficial to spend the time doing as many questions as you can in that - there is no point in giving you specific ones because you may well find parts of that chapter easier than I did and vice versa. The mixed exercises again are really good for making sure you have grasped it completely.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest