The Student Room Group

Dropping out of med school for computer science

Hi,

It'll be the end of my 3rd year in med school soon (technically just finishing year 2 since i had to retake my first year). I've grown to realise that I am not so passionate about medicine as I may have initially thought. I did also consider computer science previously but never applied, I regret that now. I plan to drop out at the end of this academic year then take a gap year to build up some of my CS skills for applications to study it next year. I would appreciate advice on whether applying to a competitive computer science degree apprenticeship such as the pwc one at uni of birmingham is actually possible for me as a med school drop out (or if I should be more realistic about where I apply). If so, how can i best spend this next year out to properly juice up my personal statement. I know that if i don't get accepted into a degree apprenticeship then i will have to fund the degree myself as I have already gotten 3 years of student finance, I'll only be eligible for one more year of funding. I obtained A* (biology), A (chemistry), A (maths) in my A-levels. I'm feeling really scared about my future at the moment, lots of big changes that I want to make. Everything just feels like a big question mark.

All advice is appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Email PwC!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending