The Student Room Group

Digital Bootcamps?

Haa anyone done any of the following Bootcamps:
Level 4 Cyber Security Technician
Microsoft Dynamic 365
Google Cloud Data Engineer
Microsoft Azure Data Engineer

If so, how did you find it? Was it useful in getting a job?

I am looking to change careers and get into IT/Cyber Security. Would be great to take an opportunity to complete a bootcamp.
Original post by jmica
Microsoft Dynamic 365

I am looking to change careers and get into IT/Cyber Security. Would be great to take an opportunity to complete a bootcamp.

Hi @jmica as a BCU student we are offered many certifications at a discounted rate, I will say that having these certifications are useful and help when applying to a job as this sets you apart from the other applicants. I 100% would recommend taking the opportunity and complete a digital certification.
Hope this is helpful!

Gurpej(Student Rep)
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @jmica as a BCU student we are offered many certifications at a discounted rate, I will say that having these certifications are useful and help when applying to a job as this sets you apart from the other applicants. I 100% would recommend taking the opportunity and complete a digital certification.
Hope this is helpful!

Gurpej(Student Rep)

Thank you, that is great to hear. Yes I start the bootcamp next week for Cyber Security. :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Hi, Which bootcamps are u currently enrolled and how does it goes?

Original post by jmica
Microsoft Dynamic 365

Reply 4
Original post by xengkay007
Hi, Which bootcamps are u currently enrolled and how does it goes?

Hi,
Currently doing Level 4 Cyber Security Technician bootcamp. It's going good. It's a lot of information though.
Just wish the layout of learning was somewhat different. Like the one Google provide.
Reply 5
Original post by jmica
Hi,
Currently doing Level 4 Cyber Security Technician bootcamp. It's going good. It's a lot of information though.
Just wish the layout of learning was somewhat different. Like the one Google provide.

Do you mind sharing which bootcamp provider are u in? as I am looking for quality bootcamps.
Reply 6
Do you mind sharing which bootcamp provider are u in? as I am looking for quality bootcamps.

Sure, Firebrand Training. Try and also check the government website as they have a few on there for different sectors.
Reply 7
Is that full-time or part-time?as I cannot do full-time due to family commitments. I was doing some research for bootcamps that will help me in my employment after, I do not know why I saw some negatives in the reviews in Firebrand that's why was skeptical, but will def. give them a call tomorrow to inquire.
Full-time software dev at a research institute here: go for it, even if you need to retake the certification test. We 100% value skills over degrees here.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by TtttYyt
Full-time software dev at a research institute here: go for it, even if you need to retake the certification test. We 100% value skills over degrees here.

Do you have a link of the website so I can check? thanks
Sorry dude, I’ll stay anonymous here. Just know that demonstrable skills and coding certificates are far more valuable than 3 year university degrees. But then again, surely that’s common sense?! As a non profit organisation we need to recruit assets not drains.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 11
Do you have a link of the website so I can check? thanks

Not sure of it off by heart but if you check on Google should give it to you. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending