The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

nottingham trent leniency

i recieved an offer to study fashion design at ntu for 104 ucas points which is equivalent to BCC if you do three a-levels. due to personal circumstances though in first year i was made to drop one of my a-levels so now i only do two subjects making my offer A* A, which is a lot harder to get. i do fashion and sociology as my subjects currently, and i’m getting an A* in fashion at the minute so i’m not too worried about that but i’m getting a C in sociology so i feel very stressed. because of this i was wondering about how lenient ntu usually are with the grades to get into their courses. since i plan to do fashion as my degree and i’m getting a high grade in fashion now will that make it more favourable for me to still get in? as well as this i recieved a note on my congratulations for your offer letter about how my portfolio and personal statement were both really good and fit the course very well so would that be good too? or are they just strict about grades and you can only get in if you achieve the grades that they offer you? thank you for any help!
Original post by bdhdjsjsj
i recieved an offer to study fashion design at ntu for 104 ucas points which is equivalent to BCC if you do three a-levels. due to personal circumstances though in first year i was made to drop one of my a-levels so now i only do two subjects making my offer A* A, which is a lot harder to get. i do fashion and sociology as my subjects currently, and i’m getting an A* in fashion at the minute so i’m not too worried about that but i’m getting a C in sociology so i feel very stressed. because of this i was wondering about how lenient ntu usually are with the grades to get into their courses. since i plan to do fashion as my degree and i’m getting a high grade in fashion now will that make it more favourable for me to still get in? as well as this i recieved a note on my congratulations for your offer letter about how my portfolio and personal statement were both really good and fit the course very well so would that be good too? or are they just strict about grades and you can only get in if you achieve the grades that they offer you? thank you for any help!

Are NTU aware that you have dropped one of your A-levels?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Are NTU aware that you have dropped one of your A-levels?

i mean they should be, i only put two a-levels on my ucas application
Reply 3
I can't speak to NTU's leniency specifically but most unis seem to be much more lenient than the grades they initially ask for.
If your personal statement is decent and gets you through to an interview, as long as you're obviously enthusiastic about the course you're in with a decent shot.

If you're applying for fashion and you're getting an A* in fashion, already got props on your portfolio and personal statement I wouldn't worry personally - you've already shown them you're capable through those. They might not even mention the missing A level at this point.
i mean they should be, i only put two a-levels on my ucas application

Contact them directly. It could be the case that they have given you a standard offer rather than one specific to your situation.
Reply 5
Original post by mon0
I can't speak to NTU's leniency specifically but most unis seem to be much more lenient than the grades they initially ask for.
If your personal statement is decent and gets you through to an interview, as long as you're obviously enthusiastic about the course you're in with a decent shot.

If you're applying for fashion and you're getting an A* in fashion, already got props on your portfolio and personal statement I wouldn't worry personally - you've already shown them you're capable through those. They might not even mention the missing A level at this point.

on my offer it said that only two of my qualifications must have been a-level equivalent so i wasn’t expecting them to mention my missing a-level anyway. thank you for your help!
Reply 6
Have u done AS Levels? They accept that as a qualification too.

on my offer it said that only two of my qualifications must have been a-level equivalent so i wasn’t expecting them to mention my missing a-level anyway. thank you for your help!
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Have u done AS Levels? They accept that as a qualification too.

no my college doesnt do as levels anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending