The Student Room Group

change from ucas accepted clearing offer

I have contacted Nottingham Trent university and they offered me a place. They said in the email it's valid for 48 hours. I'm also waiting for York university which is my go to uni. So I'm wondering If I can accept nottingham trent offer in ucas and then change it If York decided to offer me a place. Note: York has an online clearing form you fill, they don't make a decision on the call.
Original post by boykamohammeeeed
I have contacted Nottingham Trent university and they offered me a place. They said in the email it's valid for 48 hours. I'm also waiting for York university which is my go to uni. So I'm wondering If I can accept nottingham trent offer in ucas and then change it If York decided to offer me a place. Note: York has an online clearing form you fill, they don't make a decision on the call.

My advice would be to call York up, explain you have an offer from another university which will expire so you need a decision from them. They may not be willing to give you the offer on the phone, but you can at least ask them how long it will take. If you get a timeframe from them, you could at least then ring up Nottingham Trent back and ask them to extend your deadline.

This early on in clearing, universities do have time to give you, so you just need to keep a dialogue with both of them.

To answer your question more directly, I believe technically you can accept NTU and then place yourself back into clearing. But I feel that if you don't push York, they will string you along onto A Level results day and you may be able to get an answer from them sooner by ringing and giving an ultimatum.
Original post by 04MR17
My advice would be to call York up, explain you have an offer from another university which will expire so you need a decision from them. They may not be willing to give you the offer on the phone, but you can at least ask them how long it will take. If you get a timeframe from them, you could at least then ring up Nottingham Trent back and ask them to extend your deadline.

This early on in clearing, universities do have time to give you, so you just need to keep a dialogue with both of them.

To answer your question more directly, I believe technically you can accept NTU and then place yourself back into clearing. But I feel that if you don't push York, they will string you along onto A Level results day and you may be able to get an answer from them sooner by ringing and giving an ultimatum.

Thanks alot💐

Hi!

If you DM us your UCAS ID and name, I can chase this up with admissions for you and try to get an update on your application.

Hazel :smile:
Student number: xxxxxx
Wadah Elzein.
Unfortunately, the student room only allows me to send DM after 3 days from creating the account, which I have only created yesterday.
Original post by University of York
Hi!

If you DM us your UCAS ID and name, I can chase this up with admissions for you and try to get an update on your application.

Thanks Hazel
Thanks Hazel

Hi,

I've been in touch with the team and they have sent you a response - please check your email for details.

It’s worth contacting NTU and asking them to extend your deadline before you add them on UCAS Hub.
The decline my choice option will only be available once NTU confirms your place so you could end up in limbo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending