The Student Room Group

How to get rid of negative thoughts during exam time

So just as I was about to enter the exam room one of my teachers told me “you’re going to sweat” she’s on of the teachers I’m close with I don’t know if she was implying I’m going to panic i’m not so sure. All I know is that it messed with my head
And I was in a relaxed state before the exam
But as I was doing the paper the phrase kept on repeating in my head. I tired so much to forget it but it just kept repeating in my head.
How do I stop my mind for focusing on such?
I’m still thinking about it hours after the exam.
Original post by amyks
So just as I was about to enter the exam room one of my teachers told me “you’re going to sweat” she’s on of the teachers I’m close with I don’t know if she was implying I’m going to panic i’m not so sure. All I know is that it messed with my head
And I was in a relaxed state before the exam
But as I was doing the paper the phrase kept on repeating in my head. I tired so much to forget it but it just kept repeating in my head.
How do I stop my mind for focusing on such?
I’m still thinking about it hours after the exaS

I think your teacher means you're dressed in a way that will likely make you sweat-not that you're going to panic. I guess this teacher chose the wrong words and didn't think about what sweating could mean in the context of an exam. I think you should talk to this teacher about how you felt when he/she said this to you. That way they can explain and perhaps calm and reassure you. I'm confident this teacher didn't mean you'll panic at all-I think it could be how you've taken what he/she said and applied your meaning to it.

To sum up-talk to that teacher and try to get calmness and reassurance.
Reply 2
I forgot to mention she had a smile on her face as she was saying it
And we wear uniform at our school I wasn’t wearing a sweater or a hoodie

Quick Reply

Latest