The Student Room Group

AS physics

howd it go everyone
Reply 1
Original post by princjit
howd it go everyone

I did AQA physics AS, it was ****. How about you?
Think half marks is a worst scenario guess. It was a really difficult paper 1- one of the most difficult compared to past papers imo? 1-2 marker Q's were good and the 6 marker Q turned out not horrid, but tons of dumb mistakes on almost all 3-4 markers like mass of the arrow on the bow&arrow Q I'd say. Icing on the cake was defo the waves question, probably lucky to get 1 mark on that refractive index one. I got the answer to be around 2.4 but looking back now with a slightly different method maybe around 1.4?

Feel a bit disheartened, hoping paper 2 will make up for it
Reply 3
Original post by Oongie
I did AQA physics AS, it was ****. How about you?

Nah im a level student, just wanted to gauge how hard the AS paper was
Reply 4
Original post by just_pa55erbys
Think half marks is a worst scenario guess. It was a really difficult paper 1- one of the most difficult compared to past papers imo? 1-2 marker Q's were good and the 6 marker Q turned out not horrid, but tons of dumb mistakes on almost all 3-4 markers like mass of the arrow on the bow&arrow Q I'd say. Icing on the cake was defo the waves question, probably lucky to get 1 mark on that refractive index one. I got the answer to be around 2.4 but looking back now with a slightly different method maybe around 1.4?

Feel a bit disheartened, hoping paper 2 will make up for it

What topics did u have on it if u dont mind me asking?
Original post by princjit
What topics did u have on it if u dont mind me asking?

All topics 2-5 with the big exception of topic 1 (measurements&uncertainties) interestingly, so probably will be in paper 2? The 6 marker Q was on the polarisation of waves. In general, I think the biggest topic focuses (in order) were mechanics, esp. force+power (2 Q's out of 6 on it), waves and particle physics
Reply 6
what was the mass of the helicopter
Reply 7
Original post by hsns04
what was the mass of the helicopter

I got around 6kilos what about you
Reply 8
Original post by Oongie
I got around 6kilos what about you

I got like 0.899.
Reply 9
Original post by just_pa55erbys
All topics 2-5 with the big exception of topic 1 (measurements&uncertainties) interestingly, so probably will be in paper 2? The 6 marker Q was on the polarisation of waves. In general, I think the biggest topic focuses (in order) were mechanics, esp. force+power (2 Q's out of 6 on it), waves and particle physics

Hey! Do you remember what the context of those questions were? If you don't mind me asking
Original post by willybanker
Hey! Do you remember what the context of those questions were? If you don't mind me asking

6 marker was about how polarisation is used in sunglasses to prevent glare or sumnthing along the lines of that. Mechanics was the mars rover question
Reply 11
How did paper 2 go ?
Reply 12
Original post by Disha556
How did paper 2 go ?

Absolutely hated it personally. I loved paper 1, especially the 6 marker on Polarisation, but paper 2 was bad.

The MCQs were decent, though I think I didn't manage to select a random answer for one of the questions I struggled on, as I did all the questions besides Question 2, and then went back to do it.

Question 2 (or was it 3, god knows), it was a moments question where there was a wooden spoon which could somehow hold like over 100g of "food" - we had to figure out the weight of the spoon based off some graph, but that was acc next level.
Reply 13
Did anyone do Edexcel paper 2 AS physics ? Can you remind me of the questions and can we discuss?

Quick Reply

Latest