The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Which Uni is better for MPharm: University of Manchester or QUB?

I was accepted for both uni and now I'm really thinking hard about which university should I go to.
I want to consider
1) academic level
2) living cost
3) job opportunities (considering both job places' quantity and quality)
4) student life

and other things also but at least want to know those
also want to know what would be the benefit of going to one school over another if there's anything particular.

help me plz
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I was accepted for both uni and now I'm really thinking hard about which university should I go to.
I want to consider
1) academic level
2) living cost
3) job opportunities (considering both job places' quantity and quality)
4) student life

and other things also but at least want to know those
also want to know what would be the benefit of going to one school over another if there's anything particular.

help me plz

I live in Northern Ireland and was on QUB pathway and generally just spent a lot of time in Belfast and around the Uni. I also have firmed Manchester. QUB will definitely be the cheapest uni you could live at, accommodation is much better and cheaper than Manchester. As for academic level I’d say there is little to separate the two both being prestigious Russel group universities. With social life, Belfast has good student life and the holylands can throw good parties however wouldn’t recommend living there, Manchester supposedly has unreal social life too so it’s maybe hard to say one is better than the other but rather just which u prefer. Job opportunities I would say Manchester would have better job options for students that have just graduated. However if you are wanting part time work I know Belfast usually has a good amount of jobs available but have heard Manchester can be a struggle to get part time work. Hope any of this helps
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I live in Northern Ireland and was on QUB pathway and generally just spent a lot of time in Belfast and around the Uni. I also have firmed Manchester. QUB will definitely be the cheapest uni you could live at, accommodation is much better and cheaper than Manchester. As for academic level I’d say there is little to separate the two both being prestigious Russel group universities. With social life, Belfast has good student life and the holylands can throw good parties however wouldn’t recommend living there, Manchester supposedly has unreal social life too so it’s maybe hard to say one is better than the other but rather just which u prefer. Job opportunities I would say Manchester would have better job options for students that have just graduated. However if you are wanting part time work I know Belfast usually has a good amount of jobs available but have heard Manchester can be a struggle to get part time work. Hope any of this helps

thank you! that helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending