The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath students: Random accom allocation

Hey,

I‘m very much decided on firming the Uni of Bath but am now thinking about the way the accommodation is allocated. They say it’s random, which kind of worries me because the entire process is unpredictable, especially regarding who you will have as flatmates and whether the actual accom itself is what you hope for. 7 choices to make is quite a lot, but I’m only hoping for a few of them.

How did you go about actually ranking your accommodation preferences?

How did you feel when you were allocated?

Thanks,
Haneul
Reply 1
Its almost certain that you will get one of your top 3 choices.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Haneul_Sol
Hey,

I‘m very much decided on firming the Uni of Bath but am now thinking about the way the accommodation is allocated. They say it’s random, which kind of worries me because the entire process is unpredictable, especially regarding who you will have as flatmates and whether the actual accom itself is what you hope for. 7 choices to make is quite a lot, but I’m only hoping for a few of them.

How did you go about actually ranking your accommodation preferences?

How did you feel when you were allocated?

Thanks,
Haneul

Random allocation is very common. Eg UCL and Bristol also never guarantees that an applicant will get their preferences. There is an opportunity to do a room swap if you discover that someone wants what you don't want, vice versa. It isn't uncommon as everyone has different preferences/priorities.

https://www.bath.ac.uk/guides/moving-rooms-in-university-accommodation/
Reply 3
All Unis will mix people up very deliberately. One of the points of going to Uni is to meet and mix with people from different backgrounds/cultures and learn acceptance of those differences. You will discover that your flatmates will rapidly become your social group, your support group - and often your 2nd/3rd year house-mates.

Quick Reply

Latest