The Student Room Group

No longer have a crush on them

I used to have a crush on someone, but for some reason my feelings I had for them just faded away.

I won't go into details but I just don't think I can trust them. Trust, Loyalty, Kindness are values that are important to me, I can't trust them anymore

I just see them as a friend now

My concern I have is, that I like to look at their stories on instagram because they do a lot of travelling to really cool places.

I just don't want them to think that I "fancy" them because I viewed their story. They also have crush on me

Any advice?
Hey!
I am sure you know this already, but having feelings for people can be so hard.

Based on what you have said, you don't need to change anything. You have stopped having feelings for them for your own reasons, which is absolutely fine, and you see them as a friend. There is a boundary in your mind which separates the part of you that used to have feelings for them, and your current self which sees them in a purely platonic way.

Stories on IG are there to be viewed. If they are posting to their story a lot, they likely have a lot of people looking at all of the cool places that they've travelled to. I don't know a lot of people who actually check who has viewed their story, but if they are assuming that you have a crush on them just because you're viewing their story, then that's likely immaturity on their part.

Feelings go deeper than just surface level social media posts!
My advice would be, don't overthink it too much. Be yourself, and keep yourself busy; do what you love to do, and if they do have a crush on you, they will eventually get the hint and stop trying to get your attention. If they don't, it might help to install some boundaries and make your intentions clear; that you don't want a relationship.

I hope everything is okay; stay safe :smile:
Reply 2
Don’t like or comment on them and they’ll be none the wiser
OK...so stop watching their stories then, or create a fake account to do so.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I used to have a crush on someone, but for some reason my feelings I had for them just faded away.

I won't go into details but I just don't think I can trust them. Trust, Loyalty, Kindness are values that are important to me, I can't trust them anymore

I just see them as a friend now

My concern I have is, that I like to look at their stories on instagram because they do a lot of travelling to really cool places.

I just don't want them to think that I "fancy" them because I viewed their story. They also have crush on me

Any advice?

Why would they think that u like them just cause u viewed their story
Isn't there a mute feature on Insta?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending