The Student Room Group

drunk boyfriend introduced me as the wrong name

I'm not entirely sure how to work TSR so bear with me!

I've got asked out by the boy I'd been talking to for a few weeks about 4 days ago. We are both 17 for context. Yesterday I was on a walk with my best friend and he was at a work Christmas party. We had a lot of mutal friends at this party so we texted them that we were outside, and he came out as well. He was very wasted, but quite a nice and clingy drunk. The kicker was when he was introducing me to some of his work friends and introduced me as my best friends name. He had introduced me as the correct name before, and apoligised profusley. I can't stop thinking about it. He doesn't know my best friend that well, and they had been talking right before the incident, and she'd just walked away. He did then sit and tell me how much he likes me and how when I'm not there it feels like a piece of him is missing. I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this, because when I'm drunk I can't remember the names of my closest friends. But I'd had a really bad day and this was the icing on the cake. How should I feel about this and should I say something to him? Thanks !
Reply 1
No it was a slip and happens to everyone. Parents call their children the wrong names all the time. The fact he’d just been speaking to her is probably why her name was in his head it’s really not that deep. The poor boy probably won’t even remember it’s hardly worth putting him in an awks situation over it.
Original post by gghs
I'm not entirely sure how to work TSR so bear with me!

I've got asked out by the boy I'd been talking to for a few weeks about 4 days ago. We are both 17 for context. Yesterday I was on a walk with my best friend and he was at a work Christmas party. We had a lot of mutal friends at this party so we texted them that we were outside, and he came out as well. He was very wasted, but quite a nice and clingy drunk. The kicker was when he was introducing me to some of his work friends and introduced me as my best friends name. He had introduced me as the correct name before, and apoligised profusley. I can't stop thinking about it. He doesn't know my best friend that well, and they had been talking right before the incident, and she'd just walked away. He did then sit and tell me how much he likes me and how when I'm not there it feels like a piece of him is missing. I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this, because when I'm drunk I can't remember the names of my closest friends. But I'd had a really bad day and this was the icing on the cake. How should I feel about this and should I say something to him? Thanks !

Ok

Either he’s cheating on you with ur best mate, which I doubt

He just got the names mixed up

So the solution is to just ask him
Just literally be honest and say what happened
Probably just a slip of the tongue from a guy so drunk that he couldn't remember his own name either.
It could have been worse, he could have introduced you by his mother's name or one of his exes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending