The Student Room Group

PGCE Interview Presentation HELP PLEASE

Hi!
I've been given this task to prepare for my secondary geography pgce interview;

Delivery of a 10 minute (maximum) presentation on an aspect of teaching and learning of your choice which is of particular interest to you. You will have access to a computer and projector if required (please bring your pre-prepared presentation on a memory stick). We leave it very broad to allow candidates to select an idea they are comfortable with. It can be subject specific or more generic but must relate to teaching and/or learning. This will be following by a few questions from the panel.

Does anyone have any ideas of what sort of thing I could do? I have absolutely no idea! Thanks
Hi, The aim of these presentations is to assess your potential to teach - not to be a finished teacher. They want to see that you are a clear communicator, that you can explain and may be adapt something to clarify. They want to see friendly, empathetic people who have taken time to think about, plan and deliver a short task. Questioning skills and patience may also be assessed.

The task itself could be anything that you are interested in. Colleagues have shared that they have been taught, how to say hello, my name is etc in a foreign language, BSL or a simple dance routine(funny online!). Try and think of something you know about that you can teach them and check their understanding. It may be something linked to Geography or not. I hope that helps.

Good Luck!
Aly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending