The Student Room Group

UCAS Application

Ok so I am resitting my 3 A Levels. I do not want to put my A Level grades from this year and only want my predicted grades to go on there. Also as I have made a new account, and I will make minor alterations to my personal statement, would UCAS flag it as me copying someones ps? (which is my own from my previous account)
Original post by pigeonwarrior
Ok so I am resitting my 3 A Levels. I do not want to put my A Level grades from this year and only want my predicted grades to go on there. Also as I have made a new account, and I will make minor alterations to my personal statement, would UCAS flag it as me copying someones ps? (which is my own from my previous account)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Including awarded grades isn’t optional.

Why have you made a new account instead of just starting a new application on your existing account?
Original post by PQ
Including awarded grades isn’t optional.

Why have you made a new account instead of just starting a new application on your existing account?

So I have to include my A Level grades from this year then? I had started a new one as someone told me that if I start a new one there will be no link between my old one and unis so they can't see my existing AL grades
Basically my AL grades from this year are absolutely horrific. But I have decent predicted grades and good gcses. As I want to have a good shot at securing a spot at a top uni, I wanted to exclude my original AL grades
So I have to include my A Level grades from this year then? I had started a new one as someone told me that if I start a new one there will be no link between my old one and unis so they can't see my existing AL grades

Yes you MUST include all awarded grades. Deliberately withholding information makes your application fraudulent.

starting a new account won’t prevent ucas from matching your application to your previous account and linking in your awarded grades (so universities will see the grades AND that you withheld them to make a fraudulent application).
Uni's care a lot more about application fraud than they do naff grades from people that are retaking.

As above, UCAS would link it eventually in which case unis will have access to all your grades.

Start a new app via your old account.
Thank you to all who responded! Yup, I will just start a new application using my old account, and include more safety unis I guess. But I have mitigating circumstances to explain my bad grades so maybe there is hope for me? Anyhow, thank you all so much for your guidance!
Thank you to all who responded! Yup, I will just start a new application using my old account, and include more safety unis I guess. But I have mitigating circumstances to explain my bad grades so maybe there is hope for me? Anyhow, thank you all so much for your guidance!

It would be worth having your ref cover the mitigating circumstances, in case you apply
to any unis where a resit might be a disadvantage, (most will be completely fine with it regardless).
Original post by Admit-One
It would be worth having your ref cover the mitigating circumstances, in case you apply
to any unis where a resit might be a disadvantage, (most will be completely fine with it regardless).

Erm they are actually quite bad on paper. I never thought it would be like this, but yes I will get my referee to say why they are what they are, and I just hope that unis will not reject me on this basis. I heard imperial might be quite judgy, so it's a bit of a long shot :frown: despite having decent gcses and really good predicteds but anyways... thank you for your help! :smile:
Erm they are actually quite bad on paper. I never thought it would be like this, but yes I will get my referee to say why they are what they are, and I just hope that unis will not reject me on this basis. I heard imperial might be quite judgy, so it's a bit of a long shot :frown: despite having decent gcses and really good predicteds but anyways... thank you for your help! :smile:

No worries. If the circumstances were serious then it’s also worth checking whether any of the unis have a separate process for submitting them outside of the application. Google the uni name + mitigating circumstances.
Original post by Admit-One
No worries. If the circumstances were serious then it’s also worth checking whether any of the unis have a separate process for submitting them outside of the application. Google the uni name + mitigating circumstances.

Will do! Thank you again! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending