The Student Room Group

The Greatest Mistake

There was this guy I met on the internet, I am no longer in contact with, he was Puerto Rican and pretty sure I searched up Puerto Rican men on the internet and there was pictures that looked similar to the picture that he sent me of himself. I wouldn't care if nothing risqué happened between the two us, but he pressured me into sending n****, but it didn't have my face in it. Should I be worried about this whole situation resurfacing later on in my life and biting me in the bottom? I don't want this to affect my work life, private life or social life. I just want to move and not think about this again.
How did he pressure you?

You will be fine. If you want to make be certain maybe delete social media accounts and make new ones without using your real name.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
How did he pressure you?

You will be fine. If you want to make be certain maybe delete social media accounts and make new ones without using your real name.

He just kept asking me over and over again, even though I said no multiple times in the past, I didn't block him straight away, because I thought we had a relationship, but he didn't regard me as his significant other, only I regarded him as my significant other. I only have Instagram and that's on private. A quick google search of name shows no results of me because I don't really have any social media accounts, other than Instagram, but I made that Instagram account this month and I stopped officially talking to him in April. I only accept followers I know on Instagram and majority of them are girls because I used to go to a girls' high school and I was fairly close with most of them, even though we're all in university now.

Nothing bad happened in April I just confronted him for being a s***** person, which was a stupid move on my part, but he made me feel like everything was my fault and that I was to blame, even though I set some clear boundaries, just so he can violate them. He kept saying "Stop acting like the victim" and "You agreed" when in reality I didn't, I said I don't want to do it, but he kept asking and it was a good tactic, since he knew how broken and damaged I was, so he only kept asking, until he could break me.
He just kept asking me over and over again, even though I said no multiple times in the past, I didn't block him straight away, because I thought we had a relationship, but he didn't regard me as his significant other, only I regarded him as my significant other. I only have Instagram and that's on private. A quick google search of name shows no results of me because I don't really have any social media accounts, other than Instagram, but I made that Instagram account this month and I stopped officially talking to him in April. I only accept followers I know on Instagram and majority of them are girls because I used to go to a girls' high school and I was fairly close with most of them, even though we're all in university now.

Nothing bad happened in April I just confronted him for being a s***** person, which was a stupid move on my part, but he made me feel like everything was my fault and that I was to blame, even though I set some clear boundaries, just so he can violate them. He kept saying "Stop acting like the victim" and "You agreed" when in reality I didn't, I said I don't want to do it, but he kept asking and it was a good tactic, since he knew how broken and damaged I was, so he only kept asking, until he could break me.

You said it doesn't have your face in which is good. If you want to be safe, I think you should make a new account that he doesn't know about it. If you don't want to, just block him if you haven't already. Try not to worry about it - a lot of people do this when they're younger and nothing happens. Even so, he'd get in massive trouble if he were to keep those photos / spread them.
Reply 4
You said it doesn't have your face in which is good. If you want to be safe, I think you should make a new account that he doesn't know about it. If you don't want to, just block him if you haven't already. Try not to worry about it - a lot of people do this when they're younger and nothing happens. Even so, he'd get in massive trouble if he were to keep those photos / spread them.

He has no idea about my Instagram, I told him I didn't have any social media, which was true at the time, but I just made an Insta this month, to document my life, but even so that account is private and my account is impossible to find because there are some girls, who have the same name as me. It's not a common name in the West, it's very unique, but it is popular in my parent's home country.
He has no idea about my Instagram, I told him I didn't have any social media, which was true at the time, but I just made an Insta this month, to document my life, but even so that account is private and my account is impossible to find because there are some girls, who have the same name as me. It's not a common name in the West, it's very unique, but it is popular in my parent's home country.

Oh I thought he messaged you on Instagram. You will be fine then. Don't worry about the past - how long ago was it ? Also, if he was a lot older than you, or you were a child, and he has kept the photos, he can get in serious trouble.
Reply 6
Oh I thought he messaged you on Instagram. You will be fine then. Don't worry about the past - how long ago was it ? Also, if he was a lot older than you, or you were a child, and he has kept the photos, he can get in serious trouble.

I was 19 at the time and he was 20, which was like 4 months ago.
I was 19 at the time and he was 20, which was like 4 months ago.

Oh I thought you were under 18. Don't worry about it and leave it in the past. You'll be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending