The Student Room Group

ULaw vs BPP vs City vs Brighton Uni Law (CPE)

Poll

ULaw vs BPP vs City vs Brighton Uni Law (CPE)

Which one is best i.e. has the best alumni network, best connections with the legal profession ideally The Bar (also looking at becoming Solicitor when I graduate from my current degree in Economics), and crucially, which one has the best pass rates for either profession's legal exams?

My intention is to go into commercial law. Interested to know if most of the lecturers are qualified lawyers or are they academics who teach law at these institutions. I worry that academics will not understand the nuances of becoming a lawyer and be able to give any practical practical advice regarding becoming a lawyer or legal work.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Kinga88
Which one is best i.e. has the best alumni network, best connections with the legal profession ideally The Bar (also looking at becoming Solicitor when I graduate from my current degree in Economics), and crucially, which one has the best pass rates for either profession's legal exams?

My intention is to go into commercial law. Interested to know if most of the lecturers are qualified lawyers or are they academics who teach law at these institutions. I worry that academics will not understand the nuances of becoming a lawyer and be able to give any practical practical advice regarding becoming a lawyer or legal work.

Hi @Kinga88!

I cannot speak on behalf of the other institutions. Still, I know that the University of Law has an impressive alumni network which it frequently utilises to offer students mentorship etc. Currently, ULaw has trained more practising lawyers in the country than any other institution so its connection with the Bar and firms is very strong. Of course with the national pass rate for the SQE exams being around 51%, passing these exams is no easy feat. However, I do know that ULaw advertises that they are so confident that you will pass your exams, that if you do not pass your SQE exam you can retake their SQE Prep course for free as many times as you like until you pass.
From my own personal experience as a student at ULaw, all of my tutors are currently practising or ex-practicing solicitors or barristers so all have a real understanding of the working environment etc.

I hope this helps :smile:

Sophie
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
Reply 2
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @Kinga88!

I cannot speak on behalf of the other institutions. Still, I know that the University of Law has an impressive alumni network which it frequently utilises to offer students mentorship etc. Currently, ULaw has trained more practising lawyers in the country than any other institution so its connection with the Bar and firms is very strong. Of course with the national pass rate for the SQE exams being around 51%, passing these exams is no easy feat. However, I do know that ULaw advertises that they are so confident that you will pass your exams, that if you do not pass your SQE exam you can retake their SQE Prep course for free as many times as you like until you pass.
From my own personal experience as a student at ULaw, all of my tutors are currently practising or ex-practicing solicitors or barristers so all have a real understanding of the working environment etc.

I hope this helps :smile:

Sophie
Student Ambassador at the University of Law

Just found the Employment Promise website - https://www.law.ac.uk/employability/employment-promise/ - only one to offer this!
Thank you Sophie. I have been recommended ULaw by several solicitors I know. Guildford site seems to be highly recommended.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending