The Student Room Group

Change my outlook

I love this guy we have been talking for months. We both really love each other. However, I got issues because when he gets busy or has to do something, I can wait an hour or two or three but any time after then, I start getting really upset or mad. I know people have things to do, people to see, places to be etc. but idk I sometimes get upset because I always want his attention.

I overthink, thinking he doesn't love me anymore but also generally I get upset because I want to spend my time with him a lot. I end up getting really sad and sometimes even mad.

I don't need people to tell me that the way I think is wrong and not right. I already know. I am trying to fix myself and make myself stop doing this. I have started improving recently.

I always want them by my side spending time with me even though I know that it is not possible to do this all the time.
We love each other very much but I keep messing up for being like this and he is getting tired of it, which I understand. He sometimes thinks he is not enough for me. He almost cut me off because of this problem that I have.
I am trying to improve and be a better person. I don't want anyone to come at me for how I am because as I said, I'm improving and I already know I am in the wrong for this.

I just want to know why have I found myself attached to this person and why I get upset when they haven't talked to me after some time. I know it sounds dumb. Any advice for this problem?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I love this guy we have been talking for months. We both really love each other. However, I got issues because when he gets busy or has to do something, I can wait an hour or two or three but any time after then, I start getting really upset or mad. I know people have things to do, people to see, places to be etc. but idk I sometimes get upset because I always want his attention.

I overthink, thinking he doesn't love me anymore but also generally I get upset because I want to spend my time with him a lot. I end up getting really sad and sometimes even mad.

I don't need people to tell me that the way I think is wrong and not right. I already know. I am trying to fix myself and make myself stop doing this. I have started improving recently.

I always want them by my side spending time with me even though I know that it is not possible to do this all the time.
We love each other very much but I keep messing up for being like this and he is getting tired of it, which I understand. He sometimes thinks he is not enough for me. He almost cut me off because of this problem that I have.
I am trying to improve and be a better person. I don't want anyone to come at me for how I am because as I said, I'm improving and I already know I am in the wrong for this.

I just want to know why have I found myself attached to this person and why I get upset when they haven't talked to me after some time. I know it sounds dumb. Any advice for this problem?

You need to change yourself a bit for the betterment of all. He's got other priorities like everyone else. So, sometimes leave him to do those and tell him to return whenever he feels free. Hence, you need to be patient and comprehend the priorities he has for the time being.

Also, tell him how much you love him and you want him to be by your side when he can. When you express your feelings, he'll definitely react according to the situation. By the way, being over-possessive isn't really a healthy habit to maintain a relationship. It causes issues, and sometimes it can end the relationship.
Reply 2
See a therapist.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I love this guy we have been talking for months. We both really love each other.

Have you actually met? Are you dating?

What do you do, work, study? Do you have hobbies? If you send him a message, go and do something else and if possible give your phone to someone else for a few hours.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending