The Student Room Group

I'm too mean to get a bf and idk how to fix it

I have quite a sarcastic and witty personality. I make people laugh alot but I'm not flirty at all. Every time I do, i hate it and i dont understand why people do it. I makes me feel uncomfortable doing it to someone i've only known for a month. I just prefer to be sarcastic and insulting(not in the pointing out insecurities way or actaully being rude tho).
How do i fix it or what do i say
I think it's about finding the right person that compliments your personality. Don't force yourself to behave in a manner that doesn't feel natural to you. Obviously putting yourself out there and going out your comfort zone is still important but try and have a better outlook on this. It sounds like you have a strong mindset you should be proud of and I hope you meet someone who appreciates that. x
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have quite a sarcastic and witty personality. I make people laugh alot but I'm not flirty at all. Every time I do, i hate it and i dont understand why people do it. I makes me feel uncomfortable doing it to someone i've only known for a month. I just prefer to be sarcastic and insulting(not in the pointing out insecurities way or actaully being rude tho).
How do i fix it or what do i say

If he enjoys the sarcastic comments as I and many others would, then they're alright. The lovey dovey stuff might come when you're a bit closer haha. Talk to him about them, see what he thinks. If he's not a fan then maybe you two are not the most compatible, but you shouldn't have to feel like you need to change yourself for somebody else, never do that.
Reply 3
Some guys enjoy sarcasm.
Do you have someone you fancy?
Reply 4
same babe trust me
my crush literally called me an entitled princess yesterday and a d***head (though I'm a girl lol) cuz i speak out too much and guys see me as 'confrontational' when im just being a confident, strong girl and making jokes. sometimes i litch have to just shut up cuz i take the mick out of people like out of care, not to be mean tho but some people don't get it. don't change yourself just for somebody else TRUST ME i tried that.
i tried being a quieter, more 'agreeable' (if u wanna put it that way) girl, but it got me nowhere except not feeling right in my own skin and like an absolute idiot
theres always someone out there who will compliment your personality, and you shouldn't have to try change ur self to find love, cuz then that's not even real and who wants a toxic relationship?
yh compromising is one thing, but don't change the way you are hun
if i knew u i honestly feel like we'd be friends (and i hate flirting too man, like whats the point its grosss😚)
xx
(edited 2 months ago)
Bro omg you ARE me

This guy who I was practically INLOVE with and he was inlove with me back, and I kept telling him how much I hate him and how I loathe him etc and now we don’t speak and I regret life 😍😍
Reply 6
Work on you softer side
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #4
Bro omg you ARE me

This guy who I was practically INLOVE with and he was inlove with me back, and I kept telling him how much I hate him and how I loathe him etc and now we don’t speak and I regret life 😍😍

omdsss samee
todays valentines day and he came up to me and was like oh who bought u a rose and i was like my friend, and he was like dyu want me to buy u one and i told him to get lost before i slapped him😂😂
lmao
i get u hun
Original post by Mari_07
omdsss samee
todays valentines day and he came up to me and was like oh who bought u a rose and i was like my friend, and he was like dyu want me to buy u one and i told him to get lost before i slapped him😂😂
lmao
i get u hun

You committed a violent act after he asked you a question. Imagine it was the different way.

“omdsss same today's valentines day and she came up to me and was like oh who bought u a rose and i was like my friend, and she was like dyu want me to buy u one and i told her to get lost before i slapped her 😂😂lmaoi get u bro”

The above would have been concerning.
Reply 9
Original post by Wired_1800
You committed a violent act after he asked you a question. Imagine it was the different way.

“omdsss same today's valentines day and she came up to me and was like oh who bought u a rose and i was like my friend, and she was like dyu want me to buy u one and i told her to get lost before i slapped her 😂😂lmaoi get u bro”

The above would have been concerning.

omg man relax
he knows i was joking cuz he knows the type of person i am
i wudnt go around saying that to just anyone
plus he was being an idiot to me yday and he knows that, so asking to buy me a rose was rlly stupid and he was taking the mick but idc cuz like its not that deep
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Mari_07
omg man relax
he knows i was joking cuz he knows the type of person i am
i wudnt go around saying that to just anyone
plus he was being an idiot to me yday and he knows that, so asking to buy me a rose was rlly stupid and he was taking the mick but idc cuz like its not that deep

Alright no worries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending