The Student Room Group

Answering questions wrong

Hi I was just wondering about Eng lit Paper 2 as I am worried I may have done something wrong. In the poetry section it asked for the effects of power, but I don’t think I understood it properly and wrote about power itself. I compared it to Ozymandias and my main points were:
1. How man is powerful (and a bit on how it affects others)
2. How those abused can be powerful (so affect man a bit)
3. How power is everlasting vs breaks down (so a bit on how it affects society/politics)
I am just quite worried that I didn’t answer the question correctly so I will lose a lot more marks. Does anyone know a bit maybe a rough estimate on how many marks doing this could lose?
Thank you
That is correct - 'power' is a large theme that can be broken down into subtopics such as abuse of power, power over time and powerful vs. powerless. As long as you sufficiently covered each of your points, you should be fine :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by taylor2317
That is correct - 'power' is a large theme that can be broken down into subtopics such as abuse of power, power over time and powerful vs. powerless. As long as you sufficiently covered each of your points, you should be fine :tongue:

Thankyou very much, also more specifically would it still be ok if i didn’t explicitly say ‘effect of power’ because of this misunderstanding? I just feel like the examiner may not mark it as write if I. Didn’t say this even in the thesis
Original post by Dooooooooor
Thankyou very much, also more specifically would it still be ok if i didn’t explicitly say ‘effect of power’ because of this misunderstanding? I just feel like the examiner may not mark it as write if I. Didn’t say this even in the thesis

It's ok if there is slight ambiguation in your subtopic, but as long as your points are clear then you should be fine :smile:
Reply 4
Tysm !!
Original post by taylor2317
It's ok if there is slight ambiguation in your subtopic, but as long as your points are clear then you should be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending