The Student Room Group

Should I change my IRP?

I currently do both Spanish and French at A-level which means I have to do 2 IRPs. I’m fine with doing two but my teachers said to make them as different as possible from each other so I don’t get confused so I decided to do my spanish one about Frida Kahlo which I really enjoy researching and learning about but my French one is about The impact of LGBT representation in French film which I’m finding to be really hard to research. We’ve been writing them since summer but I’ve completely restructured mine multiple times and whereas most people in my class have written their entire projects already mine is just so hard to research as I can barely find anything online about it except for a book which I can’t even access on JSTOR. If anyone else has done a project like this in the past or knows a way to make this easier at all and has anything that could help me that’d be great
Original post by egofltr
I currently do both Spanish and French at A-level which means I have to do 2 IRPs. I’m fine with doing two but my teachers said to make them as different as possible from each other so I don’t get confused so I decided to do my spanish one about Frida Kahlo which I really enjoy researching and learning about but my French one is about The impact of LGBT representation in French film which I’m finding to be really hard to research. We’ve been writing them since summer but I’ve completely restructured mine multiple times and whereas most people in my class have written their entire projects already mine is just so hard to research as I can barely find anything online about it except for a book which I can’t even access on JSTOR. If anyone else has done a project like this in the past or knows a way to make this easier at all and has anything that could help me that’d be great

Hi,
I'm a Spanish teacher so no idea about your French topic. It seems to be a good one to me. Sometimes there's not much about your topic, which isn't necessarily a problem. Remember it is your analysis and your ideas what counts and being able to back them up and hold a natural, lively, spontaneous conversation with the examiner.
Delia
Reply 2
Original post by DeliaMoreno
Hi,
I'm a Spanish teacher so no idea about your French topic. It seems to be a good one to me. Sometimes there's not much about your topic, which isn't necessarily a problem. Remember it is your analysis and your ideas what counts and being able to back them up and hold a natural, lively, spontaneous conversation with the examiner.
Delia

Thank you for the advice that actually helps so much! do you have any tips on how to structure my project like the type of questions i should ask to get that kind of conversational flow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending