The Student Room Group

AITA

So today my boyfriend has gone to the beach. I wanted to go however didn’t finish work until 2 hours after they were planning to leave. My boyfriend does drive however car-shared. I was meant to go to the beach on Tuesday however fainted and was unable to go. I expressed to him that I wanted to go and wish I could go with him and suggested that I only finish work 2 hours later insinuating that we could leave later but that wasn’t good enough. I’m now at home upset because I can’t go and I know he wont be back until late with my day wasted as I have no friends in the area since moving in with him. Am I being dramatic by being upset with him for not just waiting the two hours? The trip there would have been 3 hours however we are all of an age where we could have stayed at the beach until 10pm if we wanted to do we wouldn’t really be missing out by being a few hours later than everyone.
Reply 1
I think you are being a bit dramatic. I can see where you are coming from but sometimes you have to accept that when you have a job you can’t do everything and two hours is quite a long time . I don’t think it’s super reasonable as all his friends would then be there 2 hours earlier than you guys if they planned to still meet at the same time caus you have to wait an extra 2 hours and then travel for another 3 which is 5 hours !! That’s quite a while. I think you are feeling disappointed and this has come out in anger towards him when really it’s not his fault that you have work !
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I think you are being a bit dramatic. I can see where you are coming from but sometimes you have to accept that when you have a job you can’t do everything and two hours is quite a long time . I don’t think it’s super reasonable as all his friends would then be there 2 hours earlier than you guys if they planned to still meet at the same time caus you have to wait an extra 2 hours and then travel for another 3 which is 5 hours !! That’s quite a while. I think you are feeling disappointed and this has come out in anger towards him when really it’s not his fault that you have work !

I’m not angry at him, I think more just disappointed because I’m so adaptable to his work life. I see it as we’d only arrive two hours after everyone else and when they’re staying there until late anyway it’s not that much of a sacrifice especially when it’s mutual friends.

And true it’s not his fault I have work. However when making plans around both our works he doesn’t want to do these things like the beach or even sit outside for 15 minutes because of the sun so I guess i’m more just frustrated how when I try to plan things it’s a no but last minute things are always on the table
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not angry at him, I think more just disappointed because I’m so adaptable to his work life. I see it as we’d only arrive two hours after everyone else and when they’re staying there until late anyway it’s not that much of a sacrifice especially when it’s mutual friends.

And true it’s not his fault I have work. However when making plans around both our works he doesn’t want to do these things like the beach or even sit outside for 15 minutes because of the sun so I guess i’m more just frustrated how when I try to plan things it’s a no but last minute things are always on the table

Tbh I think you have it quite worked out - you understand why you feel frustrated and so I think you need to talk it out with him ! 😁 I know how frustrating relationships can be though!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending