The Student Room Group

friend upset because I didnt hug her. AITA?

I told one of my friends in school (friend A) that I am uncomfortable with physical touch such as hugging whatever etc. I did however have another friend (friend B) who I slowly was able to get comfortable with enough to be able to have physical contact with like hugging or whatever, though I didnt tell her that.

Fast forward later on & we have a two week holiday. After that friend A, despite me expressing a boundary, got excited to see me after so long and started hugging me and kissing my cheeks (Wtf). I did not reciprocate the excitement entirely & greeted her normally. However when I saw friend B I hugged her & expressed allot more excitement at seeing her again.

Friend A got upset. I was very irritated about that because a) she didnt respect my boundaries & b) I am allowed to like other people more than her

but regardless, be honest AITA? am I somehow in the wrong?
Original post by Anonymous
I told one of my friends in school (friend A) that I am uncomfortable with physical touch such as hugging whatever etc. I did however have another friend (friend B) who I slowly was able to get comfortable with enough to be able to have physical contact with like hugging or whatever, though I didnt tell her that.

Fast forward later on & we have a two week holiday. After that friend A, despite me expressing a boundary, got excited to see me after so long and started hugging me and kissing my cheeks (Wtf). I did not reciprocate the excitement entirely & greeted her normally. However when I saw friend B I hugged her & expressed allot more excitement at seeing her again.

Friend A got upset. I was very irritated about that because a) she didnt respect my boundaries & b) I am allowed to like other people more than her

I don't find you wrong in this case as clearly you've known your Friend B for quite some time and you're more close with that individual. That doesn't give Friend A the right to force you or whatever to express your affection just the same way. On top of that you have told Friend A that you don't like it, maybe just explain to Friend A that you're more close with Friend A and that's why. I guess that could make it better?
YTA
Reply 3
YTA

cries in reddit tears
cries in reddit tears

Lmao
Original post by Anonymous #1
no. friend a should shut up. i recommend staying away from friend a

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending