The Student Room Group

AITA?

Ive just finished uni and want to travel. my family live in Africa and im in a long distance relationship with a guy there (we've met in person before). however my mum doesn't want me to go because she doesn't like him. she also has a pain condition and there's family issues that make our lives difficult in the UK.
I have saved a lot of money while I was at uni so I feel so stuck just staying here. I go to the gym, work, make meals and clean the house REPEAT. my mum keeps saying "im leaving all the stress on her" if I go and wants me to wait here a few more months until she can come with me. but really I don't want to travel with her, I want some time alone. she thinks its selfish for me to go abroad, but I have nothing left in the UK. Am I the A**hole? any advice on what I should do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Ive just finished uni and want to travel. my family live in Africa and im in a long distance relationship with a guy there (we've met in person before). however my mum doesn't want me to go because she doesn't like him. she also has a pain condition and there's family issues that make our lives difficult in the UK.
I have saved a lot of money while I was at uni so I feel so stuck just staying here. I go to the gym, work, make meals and clean the house REPEAT. my mum keeps saying "im leaving all the stress on her" if I go and wants me to wait here a few more months until she can come with me. but really I don't want to travel with her, I want some time alone. she thinks its selfish for me to go abroad, but I have nothing left in the UK. Am I the A**hole? any advice on what I should do?

Hi, my advice would be to live your life and do what you want to. i understand your difficulties but your mum should be understanding of your want to travel, now more than ever because you CAN and are able, i don’t know your full circumstances but it may be an opportunity you won’t get again. So i say do it, hope your family will understand and if they don’t then hope they will come to understand. You’re young and want to live your life don’t let anyone hold you back from those things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending