The Student Room Group

DWP executive Offer

I got a provisional offer came in on Friday from DWP I accepted that and they asked me to fill in my onboarding information which I did but could not upload my DBS so I tried to call them but no one picked my call so I said I will try on Tuesday since Monday is a bank holiday only for me to receive an email this morning to say my application is withdrawn because I did not submit my onboarding information on time. My question is how time does one get to fill in all the onboarding information? Because I just received the offer Friday the 26th May 2023- now they withdraw it on the 29th May 2023. Has anyone experienced this? As I wanted to ask a few questions from them as well. What do you alive me I do because I really want this job after four attempts.
Original post by MagdalenaF
I got a provisional offer came in on Friday from DWP I accepted that and they asked me to fill in my onboarding information which I did but could not upload my DBS so I tried to call them but no one picked my call so I said I will try on Tuesday since Monday is a bank holiday only for me to receive an email this morning to say my application is withdrawn because I did not submit my onboarding information on time. My question is how time does one get to fill in all the onboarding information? Because I just received the offer Friday the 26th May 2023- now they withdraw it on the 29th May 2023. Has anyone experienced this? As I wanted to ask a few questions from them as well. What do you alive me I do because I really want this job after four attempts.

What do you mean you couldn't upload your DBS?
Do you mean your documentation for them to carry out the DBS?

I would reply to the offer email and explain that you had issues uploading documents and that the time frame passed while you were waiting on assistance, they might extend it for you

I had to add/edit a few parts of mine and each update they gave me another 48 hours so I don't think they will be as strict as to cut you off
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by JDSensations
What do you mean you couldn't upload your DBS?
Do you mean your documentation for them to carry out the DBS?

I would reply to the offer email and explain that you had issues uploading documents and that the time frame passed while you were waiting on assistance, they might extend it for you

I had to add/edit a few parts of mine and each update they gave me another 48 hours so I don't think they will be as strict as to cut you off

Yes I was having difficulty in uploading it and I thought I will wait till Monday maybe they can assist me. I hope they do because it’s not fair on me. So every time you go and edit they give you extra time? I am so worried 😟 I hope they answer me.
(edited 11 months ago)
Yes I was having difficulty in uploading it and I thought I will wait till Monday maybe they can assist me. I hope they do because it’s not fair on me. So every time you go and edit they give you extra time? I am so worried 😟 I hope they answer me.

Yeah so I put in my address and it was a month short of 5 years so they emailed saying more evidence needed, then on the email gave me the 2 day deadline again then my counter signature needed changed twice and each time hey gave 2 days again so overall I think it took me 4 or 5 days to finally submit it

Def email back and explain the situation. Maybe don't say you chose to wait instead explain you had issues and were waiting on a reply for assistance from them, that might help
Reply 4
Ok I will call them tomorrow, but why do they give a short period like that I am new to this. I had to change my counter signature as well. Thank you for your reply I will let you know how it went. Did you also get an offer on Friday?
Ok I will call them tomorrow, but why do they give a short period like that I am new to this. I had to change my counter signature as well. Thank you for your reply I will let you know how it went. Did you also get an offer on Friday?

I guess they want a quick turn around and think anyone no longer interested wont respond so they can move on quicker.
I got a provisional offer a couple of weeks back so just waiting on an update

Did you manage to get in touch, how did it go?
Reply 7
Original post by JDSensations
Did you manage to get in touch, how did it go?

Hiya,
I did thanks they have reinstate it for me to complete and thank you so much for your support.
Hiya,
I did thanks they have reinstate it for me to complete and thank you so much for your support.

Ah brilliant. Hopefully the rest of it goes smoothly for you then the wait begins.
Reply 9

Hi @MagdalenaF,

This situation happened to me as well. I got a provisional offer on 19th Dec and accepted it, however I was not feeling well, and while I was filling in the pre-employment application and it was withdrawn on 22nd Dec saying I could not complete it within the timeline. I phoned then straightaway on 22nd December and they said it will take 10 working days to hear back from them. I contacted them on live chat as well and said same thing, however, so for nothing has happened.
I am really worried because in your case they restored your application instantly and in my case they are not giving me any guarantee and saying I will hear back in 10 working days.
In my case I contacted the SSCL Resourcing Service. Any advice please?
kind regards
S.
Reply 10
Original post by salarzai
Hi @MagdalenaF,

This situation happened to me as well. I got a provisional offer on 19th Dec and accepted it, however I was not feeling well, and while I was filling in the pre-employment application and it was withdrawn on 22nd Dec saying I could not complete it within the timeline. I phoned then straightaway on 22nd December and they said it will take 10 working days to hear back from them. I contacted them on live chat as well and said same thing, however, so for nothing has happened.
I am really worried because in your case they restored your application instantly and in my case they are not giving me any guarantee and saying I will hear back in 10 working days.
In my case I contacted the SSCL Resourcing Service. Any advice please?
kind regards
S.

I had the same thing happen to me today. They withdraw my application, any updates
Reply 11
@Maytgggg
Don't worry. This happened to many people and they re-instated it for them, including me. You need to contact them about this. They will resolve this for you. Either contact them via the phone number given in the correspondence or via the online Chat facility they have provided.
Regards
S.
Reply 12
@Maytgggg
Don't worry. This happened to many people and they re-instated it for them, including me. You need to contact them about this. They will resolve this for you. Either contact them via the phone number given in the correspondence or via the online Chat facility they have provided.
Regards
S.

I hope so because I had mistaken that it had to be completed in 5 days due to a text message they sent stating that I needed to validate my ID and right to work in 5 days. I spoke to them and they said they would put a request but can't guarantee it would be accepted. So I emailed them to explain the situation so hopefully they get back to me because I had majority of the form completed and was waiting to recieve an email address from my previous employment.
Reply 13
@Maytgggg
Regards
S.

I'm just worried now after speaking to them now. May I ask how long it took for them to reinstate your application.
Reply 14
Original post by Maytgggg
I hope so because I had mistaken that it had to be completed in 5 days due to a text message they sent stating that I needed to validate my ID and right to work in 5 days. I spoke to them and they said they would put a request but can't guarantee it would be accepted. So I emailed them to explain the situation so hopefully they get back to me because I had majority of the form completed and was waiting to recieve an email address from my previous employment.

They said same thing to me. But after a few days it was re-instated. This is happening to many people and they are aware of this. So don't panic. So what location you have applied to ?
Reply 15
I think it took 5 working day for me to re-instate it. Like I said earlier, this happened to so many people and they re-instated for them. You will hopefully get it re-instated by coming Friday.
Reply 16
They said same thing to me. But after a few days it was re-instated. This is happening to many people and they are aware of this. So don't panic. So what location you have applied to ?

Do they inform you atleast when it reinstated. I applied to Birmingham how about you.
Reply 17
Yes, they do inform you via email. I applied in East Scotland.
Reply 18
Yes, they do inform you via email. I applied in East Scotland.

That's good. Have you started your role or are you still waiting for the checks to be completed?
Reply 19
Still waiting for the pre-employment checks.

Quick Reply

Latest