The Student Room Group

DWP Executive Officer

Hi! It's been around 2 months since I submitted my pre-employment checks information. Last week I was called to a DWP job center for physical document verification. Any idea how much longer I need to wait for the final offer and a start date?
Reply 1
Hey, any chance you can post a timeline of your application? Would be helpful for those still waiting to even get to that stage, Im currently 8 weeks pre employment checks :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by mondav
Hey, any chance you can post a timeline of your application? Would be helpful for those still waiting to even get to that stage, Im currently 8 weeks pre employment checks :frown:

Of course. I got a provisional offer in July. It was only in September that I got a notification from a third party for a DBS check. I got my basic certificate by post in like a week. 2 weeks later I got a call from my designated center that I need to come in for document verification. Haven't heard from them since. Honestly, the wait is unbearable :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Anuttama2975
Of course. I got a provisional offer in July. It was only in September that I got a notification from a third party for a DBS check. I got my basic certificate by post in like a week. 2 weeks later I got a call from my designated center that I need to come in for document verification. Haven't heard from them since. Honestly, the wait is unbearable :frown:

Thank you so much!! That's really helpful as I got my provisional offer in August so hopefully I'll be about a month behind, just worrying as it's now September and I haven't had anything about my DBS. Honestly really glad it's nearly over for you, looking at other threads seems like people still wait a couple of weeks after doing their ID check at the job centre to get their contracts and start date.
Reply 4
You're most welcome!
I will admit though that I made a mistake by not following up with my referees sooner regarding the reference check. In my case, one of my referees had forgotten to reply to the reference email. Once I got them to respond, things started to progress. I would recommend following up with your referees, just to be on the safer side.
Reply 5
I’ve been waiting since August too. I had my dbs back about ten days ago and my references have been done too. I’m not sure what I’m still waiting for and I’m getting very fed up
Reply 6
Same. I was told at the document verification place that they will get back to me soon. Nothing yet.
Reply 7
Does anyone know if they contact all your employment references or just a few?
Original post by Cjs2023
Does anyone know if they contact all your employment references or just a few?
How many did you provide?
Original post by Anuttama2975
Hi! It's been around 2 months since I submitted my pre-employment checks information. Last week I was called to a DWP job center for physical document verification. Any idea how much longer I need to wait for the final offer and a start date?
Have you started now?
Reply 10
Original post by ThorneyDogRose
How many did you provide?
About 5/6 employers
Original post by Cjs2023
About 5/6 employers
Wow is that how many they ask for? Or is it back a certain number of years?
Original post by ThorneyDogRose
Wow is that how many they ask for? Or is it back a certain number of years?
3 years employment history

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending