The Student Room Group

Do I need to bring my own laptop to the SAT exam?

The SAT website says you must bring your own device to the SAT testing centre, however I don't own a laptop and my school is currently closed. It also seems weird they wouldn't provide the laptops (as surely it would be easier to cheat using your own laptop vs. a school one?). Did anyone else who took the SAT in previous exams have to bring their own?
Reply 1
Original post by Lunninagh
The SAT website says you must bring your own device to the SAT testing centre, however I don't own a laptop and my school is currently closed. It also seems weird they wouldn't provide the laptops (as surely it would be easier to cheat using your own laptop vs. a school one?). Did anyone else who took the SAT in previous exams have to bring their own?

I did my last exam December 2021 and they hadn't issued laptops then. I wanted to do it again for fun cause I got the email about the laptop and they did say I should bring my own. However, it may be certain testing centres that do this. In the meantime, you should let your testing centre know that you don't have a laptop. I don't know if they'll provide one for you, but you can hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending