The Student Room Group

Do I need to bring my own laptop to the SAT exam?

The SAT website says you must bring your own device to the SAT testing centre, however I don't own a laptop and my school is currently closed. It also seems weird they wouldn't provide the laptops (as surely it would be easier to cheat using your own laptop vs. a school one?). Did anyone else who took the SAT in previous exams have to bring their own?
Original post by Lunninagh
The SAT website says you must bring your own device to the SAT testing centre, however I don't own a laptop and my school is currently closed. It also seems weird they wouldn't provide the laptops (as surely it would be easier to cheat using your own laptop vs. a school one?). Did anyone else who took the SAT in previous exams have to bring their own?

I did my last exam December 2021 and they hadn't issued laptops then. I wanted to do it again for fun cause I got the email about the laptop and they did say I should bring my own. However, it may be certain testing centres that do this. In the meantime, you should let your testing centre know that you don't have a laptop. I don't know if they'll provide one for you, but you can hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending