The Student Room Group

A -Levels required to get into cambridge

I am currently in year 9 and going to start my GSCE's from next year. I got triple science and aiming to get grade 9's like most people i'm sure. But i want to study architecture in university and i want to get into Cambridge. However, I was going to do a Math A-Level, 3D Design, and probably construction. However, i am not sure what A-Levels i require to hit the architecture course entry requirement to Cambridge University.
Reply 1
Original post by JF ZAK
I am currently in year 9 and going to start my GSCE's from next year. I got triple science and aiming to get grade 9's like most people i'm sure. But i want to study architecture in university and i want to get into Cambridge. However, I was going to do a Math A-Level, 3D Design, and probably construction. However, i am not sure what A-Levels i require to hit the architecture course entry requirement to Cambridge University.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/architecture
Under entry requirements.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2

yes i saw this however i am looking for some specific subjects or the one i want to study okay as this website is quite vague if you get me.
Original post by JF ZAK

A few (not all) Cambridge colleges require maths or physics, and a few require an essay-based subject. Otherwise no specific subjects are required. Evidence of your creative ability will be required during the assessment process and you will be required to present a portfolio if you make it to the interview (the majority of other architecture courses will require a portfolio too).

Cambridge doesn't consider BTECs to be suitable preparation for its courses, so pick three A levels.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
A few (not all) Cambridge colleges require maths or physics, and a few require an essay-based subject. Otherwise no specific subjects are required. Evidence of your creative ability will be required during the assessment process and you will be required to present a portfolio if you make it to the interview (the majority of other architecture courses will require a portfolio too).

Cambridge doesn't consider BTECs to be suitable preparation for its courses, so pick three A levels.

Thank you
This was very helpful :smile:
Original post by JF ZAK

I believe Cambridge is quite an "arty" architecture school like UCL (at least based on what I've seen of their degree shows online) so A-level Art may be useful to develop that side of your portfolio.
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
I believe Cambridge is quite an "arty" architecture school like UCL (at least based on what I've seen of their degree shows online) so A-level Art may be useful to develop that side of your portfolio.

thank you i will consider it aswell but i will probably do it as i am good at art.
thank you have all been helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending