The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary offer

This post is regards of not being offered a contextual offer even though I meet the requirement of living in an area of high disadvantage. My current offer is the normal BBB for Engineering with foundation year, I just wanted to know if I’ll get another grade dropped contextual offer. I believe some others have got an offer of bbc. Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
This post is regards of not being offered a contextual offer even though I meet the requirement of living in an area of high disadvantage. My current offer is the normal BBB for Engineering with foundation year, I just wanted to know if I’ll get another grade dropped contextual offer. I believe some others have got an offer of bbc. Thanks

According to their rules here, the condition which refers to an area of high disadvantage is:

"You live in an area of high disadvantage defined using the IMD measure AND you live in an area where young people are less likely to progress to higher education, defined using the POLAR measure"

Note the "AND". Does the second criterion (with regards to progress to higher education) apply to you? If it does, then contact the Admissions team to establish what might have gone wrong.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending