The Student Room Group

English language speaking

I have my English language speaking in a month and I still don't know what to do for my topic any ideas?
Reply 1
What sort of criteria is involved? Can it just be any topic you are interested in, if so, what sort of media do you consume? Or what sort of online communities do you identify with or engage with? These sort of topics are always easy to communicate, they're comfortable. But, if not, what sort of topic did you have in mind? We can brainstorm from there.
Reply 2
It can be literally whatever I want preferably something that is interesting and I can speak about for around 4 minutes.
Original post by xazal
What sort of criteria is involved? Can it just be any topic you are interested in, if so, what sort of media do you consume? Or what sort of online communities do you identify with or engage with? These sort of topics are always easy to communicate, they're comfortable. But, if not, what sort of topic did you have in mind? We can brainstorm from there.
Reply 3
Original post by emily14x
It can be literally whatever I want preferably something that is interesting and I can speak about for around 4 minutes.

The most interesting topic to me right now is Elon Musk's Neuralink technology. It just got FDA approval for human trials (brain-machine interface implant).

Another interesting topic rn is AI and the open letter signed by industry proffesionals, scholars, etc. Who have called for a stop to AI development.

(Probably cheeky) You can talk about the ongoing UCU Teacher strikes! Talk about how institutions are failing the one thing they are worth for... their staff.

The Metaverse is also quite contemporary.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Yes I was thinking about doing something around AI as everyone has heard about it at the moment. Perhaps I could talk about how it is getting out of hand and the negative implications it could have in the long run. With the teacher strike topic, I would worry I would say the wrong thing and upset my teachers who are grading me. 😭
Reply 5
Check out this video on the World Economic Forum's youtube channel, its called Experts Demand Pause to AI Development & Ocean Census Begins. There are other interesting topics on their channel that could inspire you!
Reply 6
I have my English language speaking in a month and I still don't know what to do for my topic any ideas?

oooh i did mine in yr 10
i did it about bugs! about why they shouldn't be killed and got a high distinction
choose a topic that's different, that nobody has done...make it unique, something youre overly passionate about
Reply 7
Wow I haven't heard anyone do that topic, its good to be original but also hard because every topic I come up with I feel that its too basic!
Original post by A____J
oooh i did mine in yr 10
i did it about bugs! about why they shouldn't be killed and got a high distinction
choose a topic that's different, that nobody has done...make it unique, something youre overly passionate about
Reply 8
Yes I definitely will, thank you!

Original post by xazal
Check out this video on the World Economic Forum's youtube channel, its called Experts Demand Pause to AI Development & Ocean Census Begins. There are other interesting topics on their channel that could inspire you!
Reply 9
Wow I haven't heard anyone do that topic, its good to be original but also hard because every topic I come up with I feel that its too basic!

mm yh, well best of luck to you for ur exam!! You can do this xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending