The Student Room Group

Health Qualification - Student loan query

I have previously had an undergraduate loan and apostgraduate loan, and obtained an Msc.

I’m hoping to apply for a MN in mental health nursing. Am I eligible for a student loan for this? I have found conflicting information suggesting that as I already have a masters, I am not eligible for funding for second, and other sources suggest that this is not relevant for pre-registration courses?
Original post by ChristinaM33
I have previously had an undergraduate loan and apostgraduate loan, and obtained an Msc.

I’m hoping to apply for a MN in mental health nursing. Am I eligible for a student loan for this? I have found conflicting information suggesting that as I already have a masters, I am not eligible for funding for second, and other sources suggest that this is not relevant for pre-registration courses?

Hi Christina,

The course would need to be classed as one of our exception courses to be eligible. Can you confirm the course name and university you wish to study this with? When would the course start? How long is the course?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Christina,

The course would need to be classed as one of our exception courses to be eligible. Can you confirm the course name and university you wish to study this with? When would the course start? How long is the course?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,

It’s MN mental health nursing at the University of Portsmouth. The start date is September 2024, and it is a 2 years full-time course.

Thanks,
Christina
Original post by ChristinaM33
Hi Claire,

It’s MN mental health nursing at the University of Portsmouth. The start date is September 2024, and it is a 2 years full-time course.

Thanks,
Christina

This course doesn't show on the system currently, so won't be eligible. Most courses are still being added to the system for 24/25 as its still early. Applications normally open March so I would contact us nearer the time and we can check this again for you.

The course will need to be classed as a Postgraduate Healthcare course to be eligible or an Allied Health Professional course.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending