The Student Room Group

moving down to foundation maths

hi, im about to take my mocks in yr10 and im sitting higher maths. i am really stressed to the point where my hair is falling out, and i dont want to do anything at all. they give us easier questions on the topic assessments they give us. i spoke to my teacher about moving down, and he said that since i get good scores in the assessments he won't let me move down. but im extremely stressed about it, and dont even know how to begin to revise for it. does anyone have a similar experience to me and what did you do about it?
Original post by gcsehelp1232
hi, im about to take my mocks in yr10 and im sitting higher maths. i am really stressed to the point where my hair is falling out, and i dont want to do anything at all. they give us easier questions on the topic assessments they give us. i spoke to my teacher about moving down, and he said that since i get good scores in the assessments he won't let me move down. but im extremely stressed about it, and dont even know how to begin to revise for it. does anyone have a similar experience to me and what did you do about it?

You said your doing well in foundation maths which is a clear indication that you are capable of higher maths and the fact that you teacher thinks your suitable for it. Also remember you have a way better chance at scoring a higher grade sitting the higher maths paper.

I remember transferring from foundation maths which was super easy to higher maths which I admit it was stressful at first but with the help of Maths Genie it made it all easier; I would advice to go through topic by topic and focus on the topics you struggle with. Good luck and don’t stress too much, you still have time to excel!
Reply 2
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by lavishmuslimah06
You said your doing well in foundation maths which is a clear indication that you are capable of higher maths and the fact that you teacher thinks your suitable for it. Also remember you have a way better chance at scoring a higher grade sitting the higher maths paper.

I remember transferring from foundation maths which was super easy to higher maths which I admit it was stressful at first but with the help of Maths Genie it made it all easier; I would advice to go through topic by topic and focus on the topics you struggle with. Good luck and don’t stress too much, you still have time to excel!

Can I use maths genie for aqa
Can I use maths genie for aqa

Yes you can, they even have a range of AQA past papers on their website!
Reply 5

If you're getting good scores then don't worry about it mate. I'm sure you'll do fine in your exams.

Quick Reply

Latest