The Student Room Group

Gcses

Hi there. I Have received a conditional offer to join a sixth form, and I require an 8 or 9 in the four subjects that I have picked to study for A-levels. These are maths, further maths, biology and chemistry. For maths, bio and chem i am sure i will meet the required grades in GCSEs but i am not as sure for further maths. My question is does further maths count as a gcse as it is called a ‘level 2 qualification’ - and therefore If i get a seven do you think it would be alright. Aditionally, most people in the country who take further maths a level dont take it for gcse from my understanding so do you think that i still have to get an 8 or 9 in it? Thanks
Original post by Fermat42647
Hi there. I Have received a conditional offer to join a sixth form, and I require an 8 or 9 in the four subjects that I have picked to study for A-levels. These are maths, further maths, biology and chemistry. For maths, bio and chem i am sure i will meet the required grades in GCSEs but i am not as sure for further maths. My question is does further maths count as a gcse as it is called a ‘level 2 qualification’ - and therefore If i get a seven do you think it would be alright. Aditionally, most people in the country who take further maths a level dont take it for gcse from my understanding so do you think that i still have to get an 8 or 9 in it? Thanks

i think it'll be fine for exactly the reasons you said, also considering that you are wanting to do 4 a levels and not the usual 3 which is what i think the requirement is aimed towards.
Reply 2
Ok, thanks very much. Also do you know if further maths counts as a gcse or not?
Original post by arch17
i think it'll be fine for exactly the reasons you said, also considering that you are wanting to do 4 a levels and not the usual 3 which is what i think the requirement is aimed towards.
Original post by Fermat42647
Ok, thanks very much. Also do you know if further maths counts as a gcse or not?

yeah i think its equivalent to one

Quick Reply

Latest