The Student Room Group

STEP Failure

Failed to get a grade 2 for step paper 2 which I need for Imperial.
Do I just cry to the power of n tends to infinity now?
Reply 1
Original post by 72727
Failed to get a grade 2 for step paper 2 which I need for Imperial.
Do I just cry to the power of n tends to infinity now?

How can you be sure when the results don't get published till August?
Reply 2
Original post by davros
How can you be sure when the results don't get published till August?

I know I didn't rlly do that well and I need to be getting a minimum for 50 marks at least for a grade 2.
Reply 3
I don't want to get your hopes up but I know that a lot of students last year and the year before got in without meeting the grade requirements, so it's not all over for you! That being said, I've heard that this year is a lot more competitive, I guess it's all just down to how the admissions office want to deal with the situation. If it's any comfort, I'm not sure on getting a STEP grade 2 either. What course do you need STEP for? My offer is for the Joint Mathematics and Computing Course (MEng), they asked for A*A*AA and a STEP grade 2.
Original post by 72727
I know I didn't rlly do that well and I need to be getting a minimum for 50 marks at least for a grade 2.
Reply 4
Original post by Shaowy
I don't want to get your hopes up but I know that a lot of students last year and the year before got in without meeting the grade requirements, so it's not all over for you! That being said, I've heard that this year is a lot more competitive, I guess it's all just down to how the admissions office want to deal with the situation. If it's any comfort, I'm not sure on getting a STEP grade 2 either. What course do you need STEP for? My offer is for the Joint Mathematics and Computing Course (MEng), they asked for A*A*AA and a STEP grade 2.

same course but just a bachelors

Quick Reply

Latest