The Student Room Group

Is 11 exercises for lower body ok with 2 rest days?

I’m planning 11 weighted exercises for lower body with a couple supersets. The most sets/reps is 4 x 20 and the lowest sets/reps is 4 x 9. Two rest days in between so I do lower body about 3 times a week.
When I ask if it’s ok, I mean if it will it stunt my glute growth because of overtraining and/or I won’t be able to lift as heavy. Or if it’s fine as long as I keep my two rest days. Thanks!
Reply 1
4 sets each for 11 exercises? So 44 sets in one session. No way I could do that if I'm training each set close to failure. Well, I could, but it would be too hard to recover from.

I reckon you might do this and feel it's not too bad because you're using (I assume) beginner weights. It will also feel alright if you do 20 reps when you actually could have got 30. You'll probably even make progress for a while doing this as a beginner. But why would you do that, when you can get the same effect with half that many sets, taking each one within a couple of reps of failure? This also teaches you to train in a way that's sustaninable beyond the beginner stages and allow you to progress over the longer term.
Reply 2
I think you can have exercises with your stamina that how much you can do ...
That entirely depends what you are doing. 4x20 barbell squats followed by 5x9 front barbell squats is going to leave you on the floor but if you are doing low intensity exercises like glute kickbacks or step ups then probably not.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest