The Student Room Group

Computer Science OCR GCSE Paper 2 a complete scam?

Is it just me and the guys in my class or was Paper 2 a complete scam. Like why on earth was there a SQL question? That was meant to be A-Level content, not even covered at GCSE except for SQL injection attacks. And the rest of it was way more difficult than any other past paper I've seen. So is it just me?
I realise I'm a bit late but I only joined a few days ago.
Reply 1
Hi, I'm still in Year 10 and currently doing computer science OCR. We have just finished learning SQL. Is it not what is used to make searches in the testdata. Like FROM --- SELECT--- WHERE---. So, I don't think it's A-level content, but I might be wrong.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Yeah I heard about that, but we were never taught it and our teacher swears it wasn't even on the curriculum. Also, it wasn't in any past paper questions, or any of the official practice questions that teachers have access to to make PPE's so maybe they changed things very last minute. Oh well, what can I do, I just hope the grade boundaries are lower this year \(-_-)/. Thx tho.
Original post by sukhxo
Hi, I'm still in Year 10 and currently doing computer science OCR. We have just finished learning SQL. Is it not what is used to make searches in the testdata. Like FROM --- SELECT--- WHERE---. So, I don't think it's A-level content, but I might be wrong.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending