The Student Room Group

Revision techniques

Hi all,

I’ll be starting sixth form this September, I’m taking psychology, biology and English literature. I’m curious as to what other takers of these subjects think is the most effective way of revising each one, just so that I can be prepared later down the line.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by kasedilla
Hi all,

I’ll be starting sixth form this September, I’m taking psychology, biology and English literature. I’m curious as to what other takers of these subjects think is the most effective way of revising each one, just so that I can be prepared later down the line.

Thank you.

Hi, I’m in yr13 and I’ve done History, English lit and Chemistry. So I can give you some tips for two of your subjects. For any science DO PAST PAPERS!!! They are amazing and help you learn the language of examiners. You can also make revision cards for equations and simple definitions. But honestly the best way is to do past papers and practice questions. For English lit read all your texts multiple times and annotate them. They should be destroyed by the end (my Othello text is being held together by multiple layers of tape). Also for your closed book paper make revision cards for quotes early on and use them for the full two years. Hope this helps and good luck for the next two years :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by kasedilla
Hi all,

Thank you.

Heya!

Effective revision techniques can vary depending on individual learning styles, but some general strategies can be helpful :h: For psychology, focus on understanding key theories and concepts and actively engage in practice questions to apply your knowledge. For biology, create concise summaries of each topic, use visual aids like diagrams, and practice past papers to improve your exam technique. For English literature, read the texts thoroughly, analyse key themes and literary techniques, and practice essay writing to develop your critical analysis skills. Experiment with different techniques and find what works best for you. If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest