The Student Room Group

My Cambridge interview was too easy...

And I'm scared.

I was psyching myself up for the interview big time; rereading the AS syllabus, reading ahead to A level, analysing every line in my personal statement. And then my interviews combined lasted only just over half an hour. And I was asked only one subject related 'proper' calculation question (I applied for Natural Sciences Physical). I started off on completely the wrong track (stupidly), but then he pointed me on the right track and I worked the answer out easily. The rest of the time was spent discussing stuff.

What I wan't to know is - is that bad or good? I got 11A*s at GCSE and 4As at A level (Maths 98%, Physics 97%, Biology 96%, Chemistry 94%).

I was expecting them to ask harder and harder questions until they found my 'ceiling'. This didn't happen at all. I could have been the best mathematician in the country and they would have had no idea...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply 2
wow mate ur results rule... i hope u get in .. i got 11A*s at gcse but am struggling with chemistry and biology whats ur secret?

sorry to change the subject and not answer ur question
Reply 3
lol that is so unhelpful
Reply 4
Vivisteiner

I was expecting them to ask harder and harder questions until they found my 'ceiling'. This didn't happen at all. I could have been the best mathematician in the country and they would have had no idea...

Yeah, I think Oxbridge interviews are a bit hyped to be honest. It's not a lot like people imagine.
Reply 5
:smile:
Reply 6
charlie123
how has he had his interview? he is bull****ting

Lots of people have had their interviews
Reply 7
Swayum
Yeah, I think Oxbridge interviews are a bit hyped to be honest. It's not a lot like people imagine.

uhhh you've never had one? wtf
Reply 8
oo ok, lol
Vazzyb
hmm maybe you applied to a crap college

e.g?

I mean after all, Cambridge is cambridge!
Reply 10
"Vivisteiner"...? Are you a Final Fantasy IX fan...?! :biggrin:

Uh, sorry not to answer. Especially sorry if you're not a Final Fantasy IX fan and I'm talking rubbish.
Your grades look exceptional. Perhaps they just needed to confirm what they already thought of you? They probably liked what they saw, and so felt no need to interview further. I maybe wrong, im no admissions tutor, but apparently with top candidates they sometimes do that.....Which college did you apply to?
Reply 12
Vazzyb
uhhh you've never had one? wtf

I've had 3 actually (and that's not counting mock ones)...
Reply 13
hopefully he dont get in, lol, they did say at the open day for one college that if you find the interview very easy you have missed something...
Reply 14
Swayum
I've had 3 actually (and that's not counting mock ones)...

o right, you're applying the second time? sorry then.
Reply 15
Hahahah well maybe they though theyd just be easy on you.....:s-smilie:
Reply 16
What course/College?
Reply 17
im so academic
e.g?

I mean after all, Cambridge is cambridge!

lol i wudnt say which ones!
You answered all the questions. Congratulations!
Reply 19
electriic_ink
You answered all the questions. Congratulations!

I'm not sure if that is sarcasm or not

Latest

Trending

Trending