The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
^^ dont quote so much!
It probably wasn't 'easy'

Maybe you're just super intelligent?

Or you hyped it up that much that you were surprised at anything less than rocket science!

(lol how gutted will you be if you don't get in now...)
Reply 42
Vivisteiner

To call me a Final Fantasy IX fan would probably be the biggest understatement of the century. I'll put it like this: If I believed in a God, it'd be Adelbert Steiner. FFIX is the best game ever.

Fo' Shizzle...
Reply 43
Swayum
I applied to Oxford last year and was rejected post-interview. My interviews went pretty well though.

No offence, but they obviously didn't go all that well if you got rejected.
Reply 44
Vivisteiner

To call me a Final Fantasy IX fan would probably be the biggest understatement of the century. I'll put it like this: If I believed in a God, it'd be Adelbert Steiner. FFIX is the best game ever.

Steiner?! But... but what about KUJA?! :love:

IX is, for me, the third best game ever... nonetheless I think it is amazing and so, I am about to rep you. :p: :biggrin:
jcb914

Not so. Others' interviews may just have gone supremely well.
Reply 46
jismith1989
Not so. Others' interviews may just have gone supremely well.

Well it's all comparative. If others' interviews went better then yours automatically didn't go all that well, as I stated.
jcb914
Well it's all comparative. If others' interviews went better then yours automatically didn't go all that well, as I stated.

No, no, no. Sorry.

Well is an 'objective', not relative, term. It relates to an absolute grading of something. The words better or best would be used to show relativity and comparison.
Reply 48
Steiner?! But... but what about KUJA?!

Kuja is awesome too!

"Peace is but a shadow of death
Desperate to forget its painful past.
Though we hope for promising years
After shedding a thousand tears
Yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.
And while the moon still shines blue,
By dawn it will turn to scarlet hue."

Awesome...I can't believe someone spotted the FFIX reference in my name.

Maybe you're just super intelligent?

Or you hyped it up that much that you were surprised at anything less than rocket science!

Not the former, but probably the latter.

And yes, I will be gutted if I don't get in, mainly because I have no idea on what grounds they have to reject me. And yes, I know competition is super tough and that I'm supposed to prove myself, but still...

mod edit: removing yet more details about the interview.
Boy at my school last year - 10A* at GCSE, straight A's at AS (and went on to get straight A's at A2 too). Certain he'd got in after his interview - sure he'd answered questions correctly etc, almost felt it had been "easy". Auto-pooled and then rejected. Not wishing to look at it in too negative a light, but my point is, with Cambridge, I don't believe you can ever be certain of an offer.
Reply 50
^Yeah, I'm worried that that will happen. I don't think it would be particularly fair if they did that, but w/e, you never can tell. :frown:

Anyway, I've already got an offer from UCL, which I'd be perfectly happy going to.

Oooh, and I just realised I'm not allowed to mention even the most trifling details about my interview. You mod people (yes, YOU) are pretty darn harsh. :wink:
Reply 51
jcb914

My last two didn't go amazingly well, no, but it was more down to my admissiosn test + grades than it was my interview performance (I'm basing this on my general feeling + feedback + performance of other candidates).
Vivisteiner
^Yeah, I'm worried that that will happen. I don't think it would be particularly fair if they did that, but w/e, you never can tell. :frown:

Anyway, I've already got an offer from UCL, which I'd be perfectly happy going to.

Oooh, and I just realised I'm not allowed to mention even the most trifling details about my interview. You mod people (yes, YOU) are pretty darn harsh. :wink:

It wasn't meant to be as harsh as, reading it back, it sounded!! Sorry - just trying to keep it in perspective. Although I, of course, hope you do get in, as it sounds like you love your subject, and would appear to be very good at it :smile: UCL is lovely too though :smile: So good luck - the wait is horrid, I know, but try not to stress about it, and good luck for envelope day!! Although, like I said, I don't believe you can ever guarantee an offer (I was convinced I'd been rejected, thus spent rather a long time in shock upon receipt of mine!), I wish you the very best of luck - fingers crossed :smile:
If your results are that good then they may have made up their mind before the interview. I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 54
Natsci < Mathmo

:p:

If you wanted to be tested then you should have applied for maths.
Reply 55
@Shadow of a dream: Thanks. And don't worry, I wasn't offended by what you said. If anything, I prefer being pessimistic before getting results. It makes the losses more acceptable and the victories all the sweeter.

I'm also applying to Natural Sciences at UCL and the other Unis. Not entirely relevant to the topic, I know, but I remember the interviewer being slightly suprised by that. Most of my friends were too.

And really, I'm not that good at Physics (my main subject). I took the British Physics Olympiad paper recently and struggled quite a bit with it. Haven't got my results back for that yet though...

EDIT: lmao, all my friends are really pissed off with me. They've got their maths and STEP ahead of them, or their tough medical interviews (having already taken the BMAT).

I'm glad I'm not doing maths though. I'm failing epicly at C4 at the moment. xD
Vivisteiner

If you think the moderation is harsh then please feel free to make a thread in AAM, and read the announcements at the top of the forum. :smile:
Reply 57
^Nah, Im ony kidding. I mod another forum and there's nothing more annoying than n00bs like me bugging people all the time.

Wow, I'm in an excessively chatty mood today.
Reply 58
Weird. I don't know what to read from this, if anything. Hopefully it means we're both through. :smile:

On the other hand, they could be judging us on every little word we said and making decisions based on that.
Reply 59
Nice one then I guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending