The Student Room Group

GCSE Eng Lit paper 1 g2

for question 2, I wrote about techniques such as similes and metaphors. my teacher previously advised me that this is paper 2 stuff. is this true? Im scared because I wrote about them in the exam. could I be discredited for all of it?
and also what if I did not stick to the parts of the extract the question was about? will I lose marks for those or will there be some credit for them?
Reply 1
Original post by Csnelli1006
for question 2, I wrote about techniques such as similes and metaphors. my teacher previously advised me that this is paper 2 stuff. is this true? Im scared because I wrote about them in the exam. could I be discredited for all of it?
and also what if I did not stick to the parts of the extract the question was about? will I lose marks for those or will there be some credit for them?

Question 2 of Language Paper 1 is strictly wanting language analysis. This refers to the techniques that the writer uses as well as their impact on the reader. Therefore, what you have done is correct. However, in paper 2 you do not get marks for technique spotting. You have just gotten confused with the two different papers. However, if you discuss methods tomorrow you will not be discredited, you just won't receive any more marks because of it.

Also, anything outside of the extract given will not be considered when marking because it strictly wants you to refer to a particular part of the extract. No marks will be lost, just no more will be gained for that section of your response. You cannot "lose" marks in language so to speak.
Reply 2
Oh thank you so much for this. The clarification really helps.
Original post by Georgeallen
Question 2 of Language Paper 1 is strictly wanting language analysis. This refers to the techniques that the writer uses as well as their impact on the reader. Therefore, what you have done is correct. However, in paper 2 you do not get marks for technique spotting. You have just gotten confused with the two different papers. However, if you discuss methods tomorrow you will not be discredited, you just won't receive any more marks because of it.

Also, anything outside of the extract given will not be considered when marking because it strictly wants you to refer to a particular part of the extract. No marks will be lost, just no more will be gained for that section of your response. You cannot "lose" marks in language so to speak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending