The Student Room Group

Got an U in my Maths mock - End of Y12

So I'm currently in year 12, for this year, I didn't work hard enough and put minimum efforts in my Maths a level ...
I ended up getting an U for my maths mock, will this determine that I won't get any offers even if I improve my grades in the actual exam? and would it be better if i just re-take the first year (if this's an option)
Reply 1
Hey! I'm in a similar position where I got a C for my maths mock and I wanted to do Maths at Uni. I think it depends more on where you want to go, what you want to study and what the grades are. If your course doesn't need maths they might not care. Does your school offer resits? Cause that is defo an option. Also did u get what u wanted for your other grades?
Reply 2
Original post by Shivi8
Hey! I'm in a similar position where I got a C for my maths mock and I wanted to do Maths at Uni. I think it depends more on where you want to go, what you want to study and what the grades are. If your course doesn't need maths they might not care. Does your school offer resits? Cause that is defo an option. Also did u get what u wanted for your other grades?

is it possible to go from a U to a A/B in a year if i work my butt off (especially over the summer)
Reply 3
Original post by alevelyikes
is it possible to go from a U to a A/B in a year if i work my butt off (especially over the summer)

I defo think so!
UPDATE: went from a E to an A so deffo possible!!!!

Reply 5
UPDATE: went from a E to an A so deffo possible!!!!
Damn how ?? In a similar position rn just got a U in a maths test, I wanna try and go up to a B or C in my mock

Quick Reply

Latest