The Student Room Group

NCS Sixth Form Workload

Hi, I've enrolled at NCS but I have a few questions that I would like to ask anyone who already attends.

1) How many free periods are there in a week (on average)?

2) Does the school day end at 3pm or at 4pm? The information that the college provided was unclear about period 6.

3) Do you find that there is enough time for you to do independent study at home in the evenings?

For context, I am doing sciences and maths for a-level :smile:
Reply 1
I enrolled into NCS too! Doing Maths, Physics, Econ and Chem (but I want to switch Chem for Further Maths)
Reply 2
They didn't let me do it, I needed a 9 in GCSE maths and I got an 8 😔
Reply 3
Original post by Ishti54
They didn't let me do it, I needed a 9 in GCSE maths and I got an 8 😔

Did u get in to ncs? If u did were ur classes all completely full? And do u know anybody that got in without meeting entry requirements?
Reply 4
Original post by Jussi247!
Hi, I've enrolled at NCS but I have a few questions that I would like to ask anyone who already attends.

1) How many free periods are there in a week (on average)?

2) Does the school day end at 3pm or at 4pm? The information that the college provided was unclear about period 6.

3) Do you find that there is enough time for you to do independent study at home in the evenings?

For context, I am doing sciences and maths for a-level :smile:

hii! i'm going into year 13 this year, taking maths, further maths, physics and a humanities :3

1) for 4 a levels, i had around 3 frees per week

2) the school day finishes at 3 mon-thurs, then 12:50 on fri. p6 is for intervention, so only if you're struggling/underperforming in a subject

3) for me personally, there was enough time to study at home in the evenings and it all comes down to ur motivation. i was able to do 2 hours or so each evening before i got tired/distracted but that honestly depends on how u split ur time up

best of luck w y12!! lmk if you have any other questions <33
Reply 5
Original post by f06
hii! i'm going into year 13 this year, taking maths, further maths, physics and a humanities :3

1) for 4 a levels, i had around 3 frees per week

2) the school day finishes at 3 mon-thurs, then 12:50 on fri. p6 is for intervention, so only if you're struggling/underperforming in a subject

3) for me personally, there was enough time to study at home in the evenings and it all comes down to ur motivation. i was able to do 2 hours or so each evening before i got tired/distracted but that honestly depends on how u split ur time up

best of luck w y12!! lmk if you have any other questions <33

Hi

Since u went through y12 did u see many people leave and new students get enrolled? And do u know of anybody that got in without meeting the entry requirements?
Reply 6
Original post by Syush
Hi

Since u went through y12 did u see many people leave and new students get enrolled? And do u know of anybody that got in without meeting the entry requirements?

hiii! i did hear about quite a few people leaving the school after the first few weeks, but i didn't hear about any new students coming in. i also didn't hear about anyone getting in without meeting entry requirements unfortunately, but ofc i can't speak for the whole cohort^^
Reply 7
Original post by Syush
Did u get in to ncs? If u did were ur classes all completely full? And do u know anybody that got in without meeting entry requirements?

Yeah I got in, I attended the two Induction Days today and yesterday. I know that all classes are full and they did not let anyone in without meeting entry requirements (or they would’ve let me do Further Maths with an 8)
Reply 8
Original post by Ishti54
Yeah I got in, I attended the two Induction Days today and yesterday. I know that all classes are full and they did not let anyone in without meeting entry requirements (or they would’ve let me do Further Maths with an 8)

I’m considering to leave the NCS, and go LAET, as NCS won’t let me Do further Maths sadly. I wanted to go NCS but Further Maths keeps many options open at Top Uni’s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending