The Student Room Group

GCSE exam lines

In all of my non essay exams (science, computer science), if I run out of room on the 3-5 lines given by AQA and I only need to complete a few words more, instead of asking for extra paper, I would neatly write the words-sentence below the designated lines. Will this still count as my answer and be marked? I'm now worried that these words will not count in marking as they are not on the designated lines given by AQA.
Reply 1
if its not in the 'do not write here' box, you should be okay. the concern is if it will be scanned in or not so as long as its within those boundaries, it should be fine
Original post by Johnny Murphy
In all of my non essay exams (science, computer science), if I run out of room on the 3-5 lines given by AQA and I only need to complete a few words more, instead of asking for extra paper, I would neatly write the words-sentence below the designated lines. Will this still count as my answer and be marked? I'm now worried that these words will not count in marking as they are not on the designated lines given by AQA.

wait r u meant to ask the invigilator for extra paper
ive been using the space at the back all this time
stop ur jokingg
Reply 3
Original post by anonymous.2003
wait r u meant to ask the invigilator for extra paper
ive been using the space at the back all this time
stop ur jokingg

you can use the lines at the back of papers because they're designated to be extra space so as long as you've indicated which question the answer is in relation to, you will be okay. its only if you've used these lines then you are supposed to ask for extra paper
Original post by TazmeenX
you can use the lines at the back of papers because they're designated to be extra space so as long as you've indicated which question the answer is in relation to, you will be okay. its only if you've used these lines then you are supposed to ask for extra paper

ohh that makes sense ty
wow i cant believe ppl acc write that much
Reply 5
Original post by Johnny Murphy

yes im sure it does as long as its not in the place where it says "do not write outside box" bit i did this last year and i was absoloutely fine!
Reply 6
ohh that makes sense ty

dw :smile: yeah it only tends to happen with essay subjects like I had extra paper for geo and rs but that was it
Reply 7
Original post by TazmeenX
if its not in the 'do not write here' box, you should be okay. the concern is if it will be scanned in or not so as long as its within those boundaries, it should be fine

Thanks! i was getting stressed that they might only mark to a certain point
Reply 8
No not them lines
i said after the 3-5 given in the question
and then if you read on you would see i said 'instead of asking for extra paper' lol
Reply 9
ohh that makes sense ty

no one writes that much

Quick Reply

Latest