The Student Room Group

Biology A level AQA

Hey, I'm almost finished year 12 - I love Biology but have found it a real challenge to study. I am currently preparing for year 12 Mocks and was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to revise well for Biology? I have done lots of past papers and exam questions but struggle with what to do when I feel there is a gap in knowledge - I don't find videos very helpful and struggle to know how to make it all stick.
Any advice welcome!!!!!
Hey,
Biology A Level is known for its challenging nature but when you find the revision strategies that work best for you there's no stopping you from reaching those high grades. Since you are going into year 13, the content is only going to get harder and the way you tackle that is by keeping on top of topic as you do them and not when it comes to exam season. When you have a gap in your knowledge grab a whiteboard and write down as much as you remember and use revision notes to fill in the missing content. Once you have done that repeat until you have mastered the topic and complete topic questions. There are many resources that provide good topic questions such as PMT, Study Mind, Save my Exams etc. This method may not work for you or it may work great. You just need to really think about what methods work best for you. There are many youtube videos which can help you identify what type of learner you are. The main thing you need to do is always revisit topics! In year 13 don't forget about the year 12 topics keep going over them, this is really important!
Best of luck with your studies! I hope this helped :rofl3:

Quick Reply

Latest