The Student Room Group

Undergrad for Medicine

Universities recommend that an individual must work in health-care centers and go for an observership to shadow different doctors in hospitals. I've done one observership for a month within a hospital, and recieved a certificate for working in a health-care centre (community service). Would you say that's enough for my application or should I do more?
Original post by Rahul N
Universities recommend that an individual must work in health-care centers and go for an observership to shadow different doctors in hospitals. I've done one observership for a month within a hospital, and recieved a certificate for working in a health-care centre (community service). Would you say that's enough for my application or should I do more?

yes, absolutely, but it is how you reflect on that experience
( ie in your PS and even more critically at interviews) that counts and not so much about number of days/ hours
what did you learn? how might you apply this in future?
think of examples beforehand in case asked to give any at interview
Original post by Rahul N

its good that you've got experience in a hospital but what I would also recommend is to do some volunteering, eg I did allot of charity work and helped organise sports events etc. do you do sports, are you part of a football team? what I would suggest is look at what qualities they are looking for and think what can I do to show this? eg leadership, is there anything you can do or have done that displays this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending